GDT: 2015 World Junior Championship

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Let's take the Wild, who 21st in the league right now, and look at their lineup.

Parise - Koivu - Pomiville vs Petan - McDavid - Lazar
Fontaine - Brodziak - Vanek vs Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Zucker - Coyle - Niederietter vs Point - Paul - Virtanen
Cooke - Haula - Carter vs - Ritchie - Gauthier - Crouse

Morrissey - Nurse vs Suter - Brodin
Theodore - Bowey vs Scandella - Spurgeon
Hicketts - Morin vs Prosser - Folin

Kuemper vs Fucale

There's not on Canada's WJC team that would outplay the Wild, who are 21st in the league.

I spoke a bit loosely with the word average. I meant like the bottom third....initial question was about the oilers anyway. Plus, the Wild are underachieving. Take NJ, Columbus, flyers, Oilers, Arizona, Carolina. As for the guy who said McLeod and company would outplay these junior players, I don't agree.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Why did you mention me personally? Trying to be an ass? Where as Canada the last five years?

Because you are always quick to comment on how much you hate Canada. And how arrogant the fans are.

Or at least that would be my guess.

Of course his post kind of proves your point.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Because you are always quick to comment on how much you hate Canada. And how arrogant the fans are.

Or at least that would be my guess.

Where did I say in this thread I hated Canada Bohl?

Also I wasn't speaking at majority of Canadian fans, only the zealots.

Get your head in the game.

you voted for Russia to win in the wj thread:p:
I was going for Russia, but I voted for Suisse and meant Czech. Both teams sucked major ***.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why did you mention me personally? Trying to be an ass? Where as Canada the last five years?

They've won 6 of the last 11 WJC, 2 Silver and a bronze in that time along with 2 consecutive Olympic gold and 3 of the last 4 at that event. Please don't try to criticize Canada when it comes to hockey lol.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Where did I say in this thread I hated Canada Bohl?

Also I wasn't speaking at majority of Canadian fans, only the zealots.

Get your head in the game.

I'm not the one who posted it. But you have been vocal before about it. I wouldn't say it is a secret.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They've won 6 of the last 11 WJC, 2 Silver and a bronze in that time along with 2 consecutive Olympic gold and 3 of the last 4 at that event. Please don't try to criticize Canada when it comes to hockey lol.

No, he sent me a direct message and I responded with correct history of no golds the last five years and no medal for two years in a row

They also almost blew a 4 goal lead with one of their deepest teams since their last Gold...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No, he sent me a direct message and I responded with correct history of no golds the last five years and no medal for two years in a row

They also almost blew a 4 goal lead with one of their deepest teams since their last Gold...

They're currently skating around the ice with the world junior trophy. They didn't blow anything. That's like saying the Kings were down 3-0 against San Jose last year. It means nothing, they're still the Champions

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Don't let this get out. I don't want the media at my house and make my neighbors upset.

But I wore my lucky Team Canada shirt for all the games.

Sadie-you're-welcome.gif

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I spoke a bit loosely with the word average. I meant like the bottom third....initial question was about the oilers anyway. Plus, the Wild are underachieving. Take NJ, Columbus, flyers, Oilers, Arizona, Carolina. As for the guy who said McLeod and company would outplay these junior players, I don't agree.

Canada U20 would go 0-82 in the NHL. Look at the lineup 5 yrs back and tell me this team would not struggle to make the playoffs. Now move back to 2015...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1618&year0=2010

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not the one who posted it. But you have been vocal before about it. I wouldn't say it is a secret.

I don't hate Canada, but I do cheer against them. JUST like all the Canadians here cheer against Russia and USA. Just like how the Fins cheer against Sweden, and Czechs against the Slovaks. But because I am more vocal than other fans, I must be deemed a syrup-red leaf-hating xenophobe.

But you have been vocal before about it. I wouldn't say it is a secret.
Yeah I have never hid any of that because I try not to be a fake and hypocritical person (AND I do not see a rule that I have to be quiet about it as well). I've already told you what type of Canadian fan I hate, I don't hate the average fan. It's just so many Canadians on this board are loudmouth patriots, but because I am a loudmouth as well against Canada, I get bashed all the time. Talk about a complete double standard, "how dare you Chris talk about Canada in a negative way, we're the chosen country after all". Think about my shoes for a second.

They're currently skating around the ice with the world junior trophy. They didn't blow anything. That's like saying the Kings were down 3-0 against San Jose last year. It means nothing, they're still the Champions
Congrats.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I don't hate Canada, but I do cheer against them. JUST like all the Canadians here cheer against Russia and USA. Just like how the Fins cheer against Sweden, and Czechs against the Slovaks. But because I am more vocal than other fans, I must be deemed a syrup-red leaf-hating xenophobe.

Yeah I have never hid any of that because I try not to be a fake and hypocritical person (AND I do not see a rule that I have to be quiet about it as well). I've already told you what Canadian type of fan I hate, I don't hate the average fan. It's just so many Canadians on this board are loudmouth patriots, but because I am a loudmouth as well against Canada, I get bashed all the time. Think about my shoes for a second.

I get it. I wasn't really involved in any of this. Just said why I thought you would be singled out. And you explained it yourself. I didn't gloat. And I don't think I am an arrogant fan that you would usually hate.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Canada U20 would go 0-82 in the NHL. Look at the lineup 5 yrs back and tell me this team would not struggle to make the playoffs. Now move back to 2015...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=1618&year0=2010

Let's clarify some things here. I was talking about this WJC team. And I never said even this one would make the playoffs in the NHL. I said they would be mildly competitive. 0-82? Beat 0-10 by the Oilers? I think if HFBoards iced it's best hockey players they could avoid that outcome.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get it. I wasn't really involved in any of this. Just said why I thought you would be singled out. And you explained it yourself. I didn't gloat. And I don't think I am an arrogant fan that you would usually hate.

You're one of my favourite posters, even if Canada won the next 10 Olympic golds and you gloated, you'll still be one of my favourite posters so please do not take my comment personally.

I probably deserved Landymack's comment during the Olympics where I went a too far, I acknowledge my mistake, but I do not think I was bias against Canada or was anti-Canadian in any of my posts (except Gord Miller) for the WJC. So I believe Landymack's comment mentioning me a couple pages ago was a pretty dishonourable display. Especially not winning Gold for five years and not medal-ing for two for a country that expects gold every year.

But I am not here to be a sore loser, so congrats on finally winning gold. This team was too good not to.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You're one of my favourite posters, even if Canada won the next 10 Olympic golds and you gloated, you'll still be one of my favourite posters so please do not take my comment personally.

I probably deserved Landymack's comment during the Olympics where I went a too far, I acknowledge my mistake, but I do not think I was bias against Canada or was anti-Canadian in any of my posts (except Gord Miller) for the WJC. So I believe Landymack's comment mentioning me a couple pages ago was a pretty dishonourable display. Especially not winning Gold for five years and not medal-ing for two for a country that expects gold every year.

But I am not here to be a sore loser, so congrats on finally winning gold. This team was too good not to.

YOU Don't like GORD MILLER?!?!?!?

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58Ox.gif

All good. I'll even let you be Tom Cruise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad