Never too early for this. My team as of now:

Bristedt - De la Rose - Burakovsky
Kempe - Wallmark - Nylander
V. Olofsson - Crus Rydberg - Brodecki
Karlsson - Forsbacka Karlsson - Blidh

Kylington - Norell
Aho - Pettersson
Hägg - Englund

Not much depth this year among forwards. Speed is the best way to compensate.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
DLR-Wallmark-Burakovksy
Nylander-Bristedt-Kempe
Lindblom-VCR-Brodecki
Karlsson-Lindberg-Blidh

Hägg-Norell
Hansson-Dahlström
Bergman-Pilut

Johansson
Ward
Bergvik

not sure if I have all positions right, but something like that

Last edited:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I hope Fredrik Forsberg gets some consideration. Born late 96 (1996-12-12) and has already played 12 SHL games with Leksand. Scored 48p in 42 games in J20 last season. Will play SHL hockey next season.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I hope Fredrik Forsberg gets some consideration. Born late 96 (1996-12-12) and has already played 12 SHL games with Leksand. Scored 48p in 42 games in J20 last season. Will play SHL hockey next season.

I've only seen him a couple of times but he hasn't impressed me.

If Burakovsky & JDLR makes their NHL teams......this team will look pretty ugly. It's nice to have the tournament back in Canada though, should be held there every year.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I've only seen him a couple of times but he hasn't impressed me.

If Burakovsky & JDLR makes their NHL teams......this team will look pretty ugly. It's nice to have the tournament back in Canada though, should be held there every year.

You're right. Still a nice experience for him to try it out. If he adds some muscels during the summer I think his chances are pretty good. It remains to be seen.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
The team should be filled with -96's. Hope for the best, aim to peak for the 2016 tournament.

I think we will have a very competent defense though, we will have a chance.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Burakovsky - Wallmark - De la Rose
Kempe - Nylander - Bristedt
Lindblom - VCR - Brodecki
Blidh - Johansson - Karlsson
Blomqvist

Hägg - Kylington
Norell - Aho
Englund - Ollas Mattsson
Cederholm

Johansson
Ward
Bergvik

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013

It struck me, that from the 12 games FF was with Leksand, he only got to play in three, 6:42 total. Not much time to show anything in other words. Hopefully he'll get to play some more next season.

Also, I like our top 6. The rest of the team doesn't look too good, but maybe that's a good thing. Blidh looked very good from those games he was up in Frölunda.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I hope someone like R. Asplund has a breakout season. He would be a really nice player to have in the bottom six.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That's gotta be the least exciting offense in a long long time. If we sent a team like that we'd be gone in the quarters no doubt.

I believe a lot of players were unavailable for that tournament, but yeah. There are basically 3 or 4 good players among the 95's, the rest are just there to fill the spots.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
team to lake placid:

MÃ¥lvakter
Samuel Ward, Luleå
Jonas Johansson, Brynäs
Fredrik Bergvik, Frölunda

Backar
Sebastian Aho, Skellefteå
Niklas Hansson, Rögle
Carl Dahlström, Linköping
Robin Norell, Djurgården
Julius Bergman, Frölunda
Anton Cederholm, Vancouver
Robert Hägg, Philadelphia
Lawrence Pilut, HV71

Forwards
Jacob De La Rose, Montréal
Axel Holmström, Skellefteå
Axel Blomqvist, Winnipeg
Adrian Kempe, Modo
André Burakowsky, Washington
Victor Crus Rydberg, Plymouth
Leon Bristedt, University of Minnesota
William Nylander, Modo
Adam Brodecki, Brynäs
Oskar Lindblom, Brynäs
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson, Omaha
Anton Karlsson, Frölunda
Lucas Wallmark, Luleå
Anton Blidh, Frölunda

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Offense looks very weak. Will be Nylander and Nylander and Nylander.. hopefully some of the "veterans" like De La Rose, Wallmark and Burakovsky can be really good as well and carry the offense.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Offense looks very weak. Will be Nylander and Nylander and Nylander.. hopefully some of the "veterans" like De La Rose, Wallmark and Burakovsky can be really good as well and carry the offense.

I wouldn't count on Nylander going. Imagine if Burakovsky, De la Rose & Nylander all make their NHL teams and become unavailable for the WJC, we would be looking at our worst team in quite some time. Chances of that happening though are very small.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Looks like they've replaced Burakovsky with Victor Olofsson for Lake Placid.

BirkBorkasson

Oct 13, 2013

I will be like in U18, the Canadians and Americans hit him really hard in the first shift and then he totally disappeared.
I will be the same in WJC, hit him hard and he will not score a point or help the team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I will be like in U18, the Canadians and Americans hit him really hard in the first shift and then he totally disappeared.
I will be the same in WJC, hit him hard and he will not score a point or help the team.

I recall him being the only offensive threat we had in both games.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yes we know, 5 points against SVK, and 4 points each againts Germany and Finland.
But when it was harder, against Canada in 2 games, no points and 1 point against USA.
Says it all in my opinion....

Doesn't say a whole lot. Against Canada in the BMG he had 7 SOG and looked pretty dominant against USA. Hardly invisible.

BirkBorkasson

Oct 13, 2013
Doesn't say a whole lot. Against Canada in the BMG he had 7 SOG and looked pretty dominant against USA. Hardly invisible.
[

7 SOG and no goal says a lot.
Maybe hard to say totally disappeard, but all this one man shows didn't end up in any goals.
And all that space will not exist in WJC.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
7 SOG and no goal says a lot.
Maybe hard to say totally disappeard, but all this one man shows didn't end up in any goals.
And all that space will not exist in WJC.
Seems like you only looked at stats and never even watched the games. So at first you said he totally disappeared and now your saying it was all "one man shows". This really doesn't add up, unless Nylander is a ninja..

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Burakowsky - Wallmark - JDLR
Kempe - Nylander - Olofsson
Bristedt - Holmström - Blidh
Lindblom - VCR - Brodecki

Something like this maybe? Also, do you think Timashov has any chance of making it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad