Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v54) ALDS Gm4: @ TEX | Mon Oct 12 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Dickey vs Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Gibbons says Price not available, and then Price comes out and says he's ready. Haha, gotta get on the same page boys.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is probably one of the most competitive MLB playoffs in recent history.

I don't really think there is a true favourite this year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Cardinals knock Arrieta out by the 6th.

Which is quite an accomplishment given his recent run.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Gibbons says Price not available, and then Price comes out and says he's ready. Haha, gotta get on the same page boys.

Price is always ready ...even to bat...just the guy he is ..

Stroman and Cole Hamels are the starters for game 5 ...

weems

Jul 3, 2008
If Texas really does go with Hamels in game 5 thats a huge break for us.

2 reasons.

The Jays perfect matchup is a lefty who has to effectively throw his fastball to suceed. Hamels has good offspeed stuff but if he cant consistently get his fastball by teams, you can really hit him.

The reason the Jays suck against Gallardo? He throws the least amount of strikes in the league and can effectively paint the outside corner and this is where the Jays having a heavily stacked RH lineup can hurt them. If you get a ump that calls those borderline outside strikes it can be a extremely long day for a RH dominant lineup if the pitcher can stay on the outside and you start to chase.

I feel alot more confident against Hamels than Gallardo.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I don't agree with using Price in this game, but I'm not so closed-minded I don't understand why Gibby did it. Must win game. Do whatever will give you the best odds to close it out. Figured with a big lead at that point you wouldn't need him, but it must have been a tough decision for him.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't agree with using Price in this game, but I'm not so closed-minded I don't understand why Gibby did it. Must win game. Do whatever will give you the best odds to close it out. Figured with a big lead at that point you wouldn't need him, but it must have been a tough decision for him.

after he got up to warm up in the 1st there was no going back. You can't get Price up 2 days in a row to warm up and not get him in a game. Once he got up he was coming in at some point.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

I think it was more about getting work in. They know Texas has his number and have his whole career so knew they wanted Stroman for game 5 and Price potentially game 1 next series. He hasn't pitched much lately so it's good he gets a few innings in.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
after he got up to warm up in the 1st there was no going back. You can't get Price up 2 days in a row to warm up and not get him in a game. Once he got up he was coming in at some point.

I understand that too, but don't really get why he was up in that inning either. I mean I get that Dickey was on a short leash but after that first half inning I thought he would get a bit more leeway.

SingleAallStar

Nov 26, 2014
Does anyone know how possible it is to scalp 4 tickets to game 5? And the lowest price we could possibly pay!

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
I think it was more about getting work in. They know Texas has his number and have his whole career so knew they wanted Stroman for game 5 and Price potentially game 1 next series. He hasn't pitched much lately so it's good he gets a few innings in.

If they knew before the game that in a potential game 5 they wouldn't use him anyways, then fair enough. Still got lots of confidence in Stro, this guy is built for these moments.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Does anyone know how possible it is to scalp 4 tickets to game 5? And the lowest price we could possibly pay!

One-Million-Dollars-639omk.jpg

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Maybe pulling Dickey after 76 pitches might allow him to come back for game 5 and pitch out of the bullpen for a batter or 2.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Only if it's Papelbon. That way, if anyone decides to pitch like a price, he can take care of them.

Or if they ease up while running to 1st, they will have their throats ripped out. I've always said that this team needs a throat ripper-outer to truly get to the next level. Hiring MacGruber as an assistant coach would also suffice.

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
you know, i'm kinda glad price isn't pitching game 5. if i was gibby i'd go with stroman even if price was ready, which kinda tells me maybe that's why gibby put in price today so he doesn't face controversy when game 5 comes and he goes for stroman over price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad