Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v5) NEXT: @ Cle | Sun, May 3| 1PM ET/10am PT | Hutchison vs Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaCarriere

Pete Walker should be gone by now. I mean, someone's gotta be made an example for this ****show. This will probably end up costing AA his job after this year. He won't be able to witness the fruits of his drafting labor, but I'm fine with that, because with the length of time it takes prospects to develop, very few GM's do.

I think Walker needs to go just for the sake of AA looking like he actually cares. If he does nothing he might as well start packing up his office.

But in all fairness, he's working with;

-two guys that are on their last legs (one being a knuckeballer with a mid 80s fastball, and the other guy who's pitched a billion innings and throws mid 80s)

-Aggressive promotions to two rookies who had less than 40IP in the majors combined

Hutch is the big disappointment here. I was expecting some consistency from him. 4/5ths of this rotation was built on hopes and dreams and all the stars aligning.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
He might be a scapegoat but this goes deeper than coaching. Just like a manager can only do so much. I dont think you can attribute multiple players struggling at once to siimply coaching. One of many factors, perhaps.

Oh it definitely goes deeper than coaching so there is plenty of blame to go around. I don't even blame walker for Dickey or Buerhle as there isn't much he can coach with a knuckleballer and soft tosser. Those guys should be embarrassed for being garbage and not picking up the young kids. Hutch, Norris, and Sanchez don't seem to be progressing under Walker and if this is the future of my staff I want an experiencing pitching guru working with these kids.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Look at Gibbons face right now. It's a complete blank stare.

He looks like he has absolutely no idea what to do.

I would love to know what pictures he has on AA or Rogers. He should have been fired ages ago.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
I think Walker needs to go just for the sake of AA looking like he actually cares. If he does nothing he might as well start packing up his office.

But in all fairness, he's working with;

-two guys that are on their last legs (one being a knuckeballer with a mid 80s fastball, and the other guy who's pitched a billion innings and throws mid 80s)

-Aggressive promotions to two rookies who had less than 40IP in the majors combined

Hutch is the big disappointment here. I was expecting some consistency from him. 4/5ths of this rotation was built on hopes and dreams and all the stars aligning.

well said, I completely agree. This is a .500 team at best.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I would love to know what pictures he has on AA or Rogers. He should have been fired ages ago.

to be fair when every pitcher is giving up runs, and your starters are going 4 innings, everybody would have a blank stare, no matter what you do you're going to give up runs, yopu can't pitch the 1/2 reliable pen guys for 5 innings every game.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
do you guys think we could trade Reyes for some semi competent pitching and multiple pen arms?

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
**** man

I didn't wanna tell you guys but I started watching when we were up 6-2.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

I still don't understand why he was brought back. He was bad enough the first time around.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
to be fair when every pitcher is giving up runs, and your starters are going 4 innings, everybody would have a blank stare, no matter what you do you're going to give up runs, yopu can't pitch the 1/2 reliable pen guys for 5 innings every game.

Yup.

20 runs scored in the last 3 games and the Jays look like they are only going to win 1 of them.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
do you guys think we could trade Reyes for some semi competent pitching and multiple pen arms?

Any move should be made with 2016 in mind. Hopefully we have a new coaching staff in place, Stroman back, Hoffman/Norris/Pompey ready. No Buerhle or Dickey type additions. If we trade for a starter it has to be someone who is young and in his prime.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
In regards to Walker...Pat Hengten was given what looked like a weak bullpen, and turned it into a monster. The next year, Walker took over the same pen and it was horrid. This year it's horrid again.

Obviously it's not all Walker's fault, but if the assumption is that a pitching coach matters, the evidence suggests that Walker is trash.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Devon Travis looks like the next Robbie Alomar - Hutch needs to be much, much better than he has been. Handed a huge lead and pissed it away.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
In regards to Walker...Pat Hengten was given what looked like a weak bullpen, and turned it into a monster. The next year, Walker took over the same pen and it was horrid. This year it's horrid again.

Obviously it's not all Walker's fault, but if the assumption is that a pitching coach matters, the evidence suggests that Walker is trash.

what bothers me is that they didn't do an extensive search when gave Walker the job. Just handed it to the bullpen coach without much experience. In 2 plus seasons Walker has guided this team to 25th, 22nd, and currently 30th this year. Not saying this team should be in the Top 10 any of those years (plenty of blame to AA for not putting together a better pitching staff) but consistently finishing in the bottom of the 1/3rd should be grounds for a pink slip.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm not a Gibbons fan at all, but half of our pitchers can't even throw strikes. And the other half are getting rocked...

What's a guy to do?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'll be surprised if the fan support keeps up. Was kinda surprised to see so many jays fans in Cleveland

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
Will this be another one of those, win one - lose one, seasons where we wallow in mediocrity again....22 years and counting *sigh*

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
It's still far too early in the season to give up, teams have slow starts and pick it up all the time. Not saying the Jays will be champions by years end but people need to relax. Pitching was always going to be a bit of a question mark after Buerhle and Dickey but they haven't been that great. However, they are still veterans that will find their groove and by the years end will get you about 15 wins each. It's only 26 games so far this season, its far too early to count out the jays. You have to think the vets will come around

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's still far too early in the season to give up, teams have slow starts and pick it up all the time. Not saying the Jays will be champions by years end but people need to relax. Pitching was always going to be a bit of a question mark after Buerhle and Dickey but they haven't been that great. However, they are still veterans that will find their groove and by the years end will get you about 15 wins each. It's only 26 games so far this season, its far too early to count out the jays. You have to think the vets will come around

but overreacting is fun, stop being a spoil sport :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad