Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v39) Next: vs NYY| Mon, Sept 21| 7pm ET/4pm PT| Warren vs Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
I don't see how he hasn't managed it well. The pen has been top 5 in baseball in the 2nd half.

So the Pen is stacked in general. Doesn't have much to do with how a manager uses it.

I mean, how hard was it during the big run to go Sanchez-Osuna when it was 9-2? :laugh:

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So the Pen is stacked in general. Doesn't have much to do with how a manager uses it.

I mean, how hard was it during the big run to go Sanchez-Osuna when it was 9-2? :laugh:

Well sure it does. He's been keeping them fresh when the hitters explode, it's not his fault the guys can't shutdown a team every single time out.

The Jays pen was regarded as being "bad" through the first half of the season and they were still in the top half of baseball. He clearly understands matchups.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Well sure it does. He's been keeping them fresh when the hitters explode, it's not his fault the guys can't shutdown a team every single time out.

The Jays pen was regarded as being "bad" through the first half of the season and they were still in the top half of baseball. He clearly understands matchups.

So when the Jays got Sanchez in there, Hawkins, and Lowe the bullpen got better, and that's because of Gibbons? :laugh:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Is the Yankees bullpen this weak?

Second guy out of the pen in the 5th inning in a 3-0 game is a guy with an ERA over 7.00, who is basically a Sept. call up?

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
I don't think Gibbons is a good manager, that's my personal opinion, we are all Jays fans though, so if you think Gibbons is good, that's cool. Let's all be friends.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

And the Yankee bullpen isn't stacked?

I like Gibbons. I think he's good at getting good matchups at the plate and on the mound. I've come to the conclusion that everyone thinks their team wins in spite on the manager. You may be surprised how much Yankee fans hate how Girardi manages games.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
So when the Jays got Sanchez in there, Hawkins, and Lowe the bullpen got better, and that's because of Gibbons? :laugh:

Uh where did I say that? Do you agree with the notion that the Jays pen was bad before those guys were added then? Because they weren't. If you do believe they were bad, they you should still give him props for working an average pen from a bad one.

In any case, he has managed everyone particularly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad