Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v29) Next: Vs Det| Sat, Aug 29| 1pm ET/10am PT | Farmer vs Hutchison

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
"What do they do in hockey when you score 4 goals? Throw an octopus on the ice?"

LMFAO Ben Revere is ****ing hilarious. I am really starting to Iike this guy. He seems like a cool chilled teammate to hang out with in the clubhouse.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
"What do they do in hockey when you score 4 goals? Throw an octopus on the ice?"

LMFAO Ben Revere is ****ing hilarious. I am really starting to Iike this guy. He seems like a cool chilled teammate to hang out with in the clubhouse.

If you're Joe Thornton, you pull out your **** and start stroking it.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Really Gose? It's 15-1 and you're trying to take out the guys leg and potentially hurt him?

That's dumb.

I'm as big a Jays fan as anyone, but I don't understand this line of thinking (not just you, Buck and Pat were going on about it as well).

If the Jays want to run up a 9-1 score to 15-1 against a hapless Tigers team today, you can't expect the other team to be happy about it. Want to keep playing and going for the fences when it is 9-1, then 13-1? Well, we shouldn't be whining when the other team keeps playing, too.

It wasn't dirty. It was a baseball play you see almost every day, 15-1 score or not.

I'm loving this run, and this offense, as much as anyone, but no one should expect the Tigers, or anyone else, to just roll over when the Jays decide to run up the score and pad their stats.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
I disagree about the Gose slide. No matter how far down a team is, they should always play to get as many runs as possible. But that's just me.

I'm with you as well, as you can see from above post.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I'm as big a Jays fan as anyone, but I don't understand this line of thinking (not just you, Buck and Pat were going on about it as well).

If the Jays want to run up a 9-1 score to 15-1 against a hapless Tigers team today, you can't expect the other team to be happy about it. Want to keep playing and going for the fences when it is 9-1, then 13-1? Well, we shouldn't be whining when the other teams keeps playing, too.

It wasn't dirty. It was a baseball play you see almost every day, 15-1 score or not.

I'm loving this run, and this offense, as much as anyone, but no one should expect the Tigers, or anyone else, to just roll over when the Jays decide to run up the score and pad their stats.

You don't see the difference between hitting the ball and taking out a guys legs in a 15-1 game ? One will hurt your ego the other can end a season.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

If the Jays want to run up a 9-1 score to 15-1 against a hapless Tigers team today, you can't expect the other team to be happy about it. Want to keep playing and going for the fences when it is 9-1, then 13-1? Well, we shouldn't be whining when the other teams keeps playing, too.

Not their fault the pitching rolled over and gifted them pitches.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

If the Jays want to run up a 9-1 score to 15-1 against a hapless Tigers team today, you can't expect the other team to be happy about it. Want to keep playing and going for the fences when it is 9-1, then 13-1? Well, we shouldn't be whining when the other team keeps playing, too.

I think you overestimate the ability of a batter to purposely hit into an out. Their muscle memory is trained to try and deliver hits. And even then half the time I'm pretty sure they aren't sure where they're going to hit the ball. They see the ball and swing. Where it goes is part skill and part luck.

And they're not just going to stand there like a statue and take 3 strikes.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
You don't see the difference between hitting the ball and taking out a guys legs in a 15-1 game ? One will hurt your ego the other can end a season.

He didn't hurt him. It wasn't like the Tony Fernandez play in the in the final days of the '87 collapse that knocked Tony out for the rest of the season.

Again, if the Jays want to run up the score in the 13-1 game, don't expect the other team to stop playing either. That was nothing more than a baserunner's version of a brushback pitch after a pitcher gets tagged for back to back homers.

Was it a hard slide? Up for debate. Was it a little late? Maybe. Was it done in a 15-1 game because Gose was tired of the Jays running up the score, and was pissed at himself for his screwup earlier in the day? More than likely.

It was not flagrantly dirty, and like I said, if the Jays feel the need to run up the score like that, we shouldn't be whining when the other teams fights back.

It was a baseball play. The score is irrelevant.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
Not their fault the pitching rolled over and gifted them pitches.

It's not Gose's fault everyone expects him to stop playing and roll over for a double play in a 15-1 game, either.

Zaun said it best yesterday. He said he can't believe pitchers don't throw inside, or send a message, when the Jays offense gets rolling.

Gose did that today, only he wasn't on the mound when he did it.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
It's not Gose's fault everyone expects him to stop playing and roll over for a double play in a 15-1 game, either.

Zaun said it best yesterday. He said he can't believe pitchers don't throw inside, or send a message, when the Jays offense gets rolling.

Gose did that today, only he wasn't on the mound when he did it.

I am sure the Jays are shaking in their boots after they saw what Gose did.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
I think you overestimate the ability of a batter to purposely hit into an out. Their muscle memory is trained to try and deliver hits. And even then half the time I'm pretty sure they aren't sure where they're going to hit the ball. They see the ball and swing. Where it goes is part skill and part luck.

And they're not just going to stand there like a statue and take 3 strikes.

Of course not. So it not in a baserunner's DNA to slide to avoid a double play, no matter what the score is?

We can't have a double-standard.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Of course not. So it not in a baserunner's DNA to slide to avoid a double play, no matter what the score is?

We can't have a double-standard.

Well, no, it's not in a baserunner's DNA to try and injure somebody on every DP attempt.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I didnt actually see the slide but if it really was bad they should hit him tomorrow. Pretty skumbag thing to do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad