Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v19) Next: @ NY Yankees | Fri, Aug 7 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Dickey vs Eovaldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Why would you run into an out with one of the best hitters in the game at the plate with a guy at 3rd?

To have 2 runners in scoring position. Revere was brought in because of his defense and speed. Why not use his speed?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
To have 2 runners in scoring position. Revere was brought in because of his defense and speed. Why not use his speed?

You don't take the bat out of Tulo's hands with RISP. No manager would ever do that.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

and what happens if gets thrown out? you take the bat out of the hands out of the hands of tulowitzki with a runner on 3rd.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
The talk about Chris Carpenter's 10-win season with an ERA over 6.00 in 2000 made me look up that team.

You think this offense is good?

Check it out in 2000:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Toronto_Blue_Jays_season

Eight of the nine regulars in the lineup had 15 homeruns or more. And seven of them had 20 or more.

Notable transactions
July 19, 2000: Esteban Loaiza was traded by the Texas Rangers to the Toronto Blue Jays for Darwin Cubillán and Michael Young.

Damn. :(

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Because you have an elite bat at the plate with two men on base. The goal in baseball is to avoid giving away outs. When one your best hitters is up with men on, you want him to hit, not take the bat out of his hands to leadoff the next inning with no one on.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
In the end it doesn't matter. Gibbons isn't aggressive when it comes to the base pads. In the end I guess he shoudln't be since they have so many bangers.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
lol everyone thinks it's a strike and ump goes, nah, we're good.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
maybe after the routine play wasn't made. he looked okay after the 1st inning. Sure Drew should have made up for his teammates mistake, but people blaming that inning on Drew mostly isn't right

I would say more like 70% Colabello, 30% Drew

I agree. He seemingly had righted the ship... Sometimes you need your teammates to pick you up, not let you down. Donaldson made a great play for his pitcher, then Colabello can't make a routine catch for a 1B.

I'd love to ask Gibbons: With all of the runs his terrible defense has yielded, how do you justify putting him in the field in the middle of a post season race?

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
In the end it doesn't matter. Gibbons isn't aggressive when it comes to the base pads. In the end I guess he shoudln't be since they have so many bangers.

It does matter in that situation. Gibbons made the right choice not sending Revere.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wtf couldn't Boyd and Norris pitch like that for us? 7 strong for Boyd against kc.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
They have to have a better starting option then hutch, tell me they have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad