Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v18) Next: vs Min | Wed, Aug 5 | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Duffey vs Hutchison

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm not disagreeing, but he should have been out of the inning. With a competent 1B, it's still a 9-3 game because he would have caught that ball from Donaldson. Instead, Donaldson gets hit with the E, and they put 4 on the board.

Defense is so important when your pitching is mediocre. Why can't Gibbons figure that out?

I'm not disagreeing either. :laugh: Just that I'm not letting Hutch off the hook, he had two outs already at that point.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
maybe after the routine play wasn't made. he looked okay after the 1st inning. Sure Drew should have made up for his teammates mistake, but people blaming that inning on Drew mostly isn't right

I would say more like 70% Colabello, 30% Drew

ONE mistake to get a guy on first = 4 runs? If anything the blame would be something like 80% Hutch, 10% Cola, 10% Gibby for not having a guy up in the pen after the error.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Revere should be stealing. If he gets thrown out you start the 7th with Tulo.

he can start at the box again even though he's at bat if Revere is caught?
i didn't know that that's good to know

buuut....nope.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Why is Gibbons NOT sending Revere there?! 2-2 count. Worst case here is Tulo comes up next inning. Makes no sense.

There's a runner on third .. You give your best hitters the chance to drive that run in. With two outs Revere is running from the crack of the bat and if the ball is in the alley he scores.

Tulo was close to doing that.. Cracked a liner that was at CF

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Donaldson has more errors than any other 3rd baseman except 2....Tex has less errors than any other 1st baseman.
Texeira is one of the best defensive players over the last 10 years.
What don't you get.

Are you really, seriously comparing errors between third base and first? Not to mention the fact that errors don't tell you a whole lot. It tells you nothing about range.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Why is Gibbons NOT sending Revere there?! 2-2 count. Worst case here is Tulo comes up next inning. Makes no sense.

Why would you run into an out with one of the best hitters in the game at the plate with a guy at 3rd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad