Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v16) Next: vs KC | Sat, Aug 1 | 1pm ET/10am PT | Ventura vs Buehrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Can't just blame Lowe people. He had a bad outing but it all went downhill with that error by Buerhle. Sucks to lose but it was a good game to watch until the very end.

LaCarriere

And another 1 run loss because our pitching and Kawasaki has the range of a statue. But no, Gibbons, it was a good idea to get him in and sit Tulo during a stretch drive :shakehead

Even if Tulo begged for a game off (which I doubt he did), he probably would have loved to play instead of coming off the bench, the guy is a gamer, they could have optioned a reliever in order to have goins / kawasaki up the middle.

But instead they give away Valencia to give Tulo a day off. What a disgrace.

And that Cola pinch hit... who the hell is playing 2B if you tie it. Martin is a better hitter anyway, just give the bat and 2B to him.

RedLeaf099*

And that Cola pinch hit... who the hell is playing 2B if you tie it. Martin is a better hitter anyway, just give the bat and 2B to him.

I think they would've brought Martin in for Smoak.
Colabello takes Smoak's spot. Still doesn't make sense though.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

If Buehrle doesn't blow up in his last inning, Lowe comes in at 5-1 instead of 5-4. I guess I should say Buehrle cost the team as much as Lowe since they gave up 3 runs apiece.

Of course if Tulowitzki is at short, Goins is at 2nd and he probably gets that Morales grounder into the shift.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Atta boy Gibbons, let's sit Donaldson and Bautista tomorrow. Kawasaki needs his at bats

****ing ridiculous. He's WAY too much of a 'players coach'. Worry about winning first, Gibby.

I realize they played a long game last night, but virtually the entire starting lineup today played last night. Why take out the best overall player in Tulo? Tulo has been hot as hell at the plate. You don't take a guy out like that. It makes zero sense. Forget the health thing; most of the other positional players also played. Why just Tulo? Should've rested the entire team. I mean the played an entire ONE extra inning last night. I have no idea how these guys even woke up this morning... Give me a ****ing break. There's no good excuse or rationale for this with the team where it is in the standings. We just pissed away a win. How many more will Gibby piss away? He's the biggest obstacle to this team's success, and it's not even close. I would LOVE to hear the moron's explanation for this in the presser after the game. But there is a good side: at least our star players will be healthy when we've finished outside the playoffs!

Last edited:

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
****ing ridiculous. He's WAY too much of a 'players coach'. Worry about winning first, Gibby.

I realize they played a long game last night, but virtually the entire starting lineup today played last night. Why take out the best overall player in Tulo? I would LOVE to hear the moron's explanation for this. But there is a good side: at least our star players will be healthy when we've finished outside the playoffs!

Did KC sit their best players while being the best team in the AL? LOL.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Sure. Last game of the season......Jays are up by 2 runs in the bottom of the ninth and if they win, they make the playoffs. The bullpen blows it and we don't.

And if that doesn't come true, you leave HF forever from shame? I'll take it

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
It was only one game and I've already had enough of Kawasucky

If we keep using that kind of reasoning, it'll be tough to make it to the playoffs. Do we say it's only one game after every loss? The point is, we need to win games.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
If we keep using that kind of reasoning, it'll be tough to make it to the playoffs. Do we say it's only one game after every loss? The point is, we need to win games.

I'm not denying that losing at this stage in the season (especially with our record) is a killer. I just simply meant that it only took one game of Kawasucky for me to have enough of him.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's not unreasonable. What did Kawasaki and Goins hit today? 1-5 combined.

Pillar also needs to get his **** together. Hitting like crap. 0-4 out of him.

You would have started Martin at 2nd? Surely not.

Would have liked to see Tulo play, but I understand the need to be careful. Pillar had his hot streak, he'll go up and down but float around a .260avg. He is what he is. Not here to defend the loss, just saying the personnel in the game should have gotten it done.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I'm not denying that losing at this stage in the season (especially with our record) is a killer. I just simply meant that it only took one game of Kawasucky for me to have enough of him.

Yeah, why is he back in the picture? I totally forgot we still had him. :laugh:

RedLeaf099*

You would have started Martin at 2nd? Surely not.

Would have liked to see Tulo play, but I understand the need to be careful. Pillar had his hot streak, he'll go up and down but float around a .260avg. He is what he is. Not here to defend the loss, just saying the personnel in the game should have gotten it done.

Could've played Martin as DH. Losses happen. But when you have a manager like Gibbons throwing players out there for fun, it's annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad