Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v16) Next: vs KC | Sat, Aug 1 | 1pm ET/10am PT | Ventura vs Buehrle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Yeah, why is he back in the picture? I totally forgot we still had him. :laugh:

Because he's funny! But in all seriousness we should've just went with the best glove available for the backup IF spot, we aren't even going to come close to replacing his bat so why not just get someone like Diaz or Burns to come up. They would've made those plays today that Kawasaki didn't because of his non existent range.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Can't just blame Lowe people. He had a bad outing but it all went downhill with that error by Buerhle. Sucks to lose but it was a good game to watch until the very end.

He should've been given more time to acclimate. He just got in last night, I believe. I know from my days as a pitcher, playing competitive ball during my teens, that if you don't feel comfortable, you will very likely get thrashed around. That was usually my experience, and I had friends say the exact same thing. In order to have good ball control you need to feel comfortable. Guys may play often after just getting off a long flight the night before, but there's also the fact that he's joining a new team, and has to learn all of the signals from the catcher and coaches, among other things. Didn't make sense to me to put him in so soon. I think this was another blunder by Gibbons, and it blew up in his face. Of course, resting your best and hottest player when we're just starting to maybe get on a hot streak isn't a very good idea, either. I mean, who could've imagined that a guy so instrumental in our previous 2 wins would be missed? Oh wait, I knew that, and so did most others here. Just terrible managing. Really, really terrible.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He should've been given more time to acclimate. He just got in last night, I believe. I know from my days as a pitcher, playing competitive ball during my teens, that if you don't feel comfortable, you will very likely get thrashed around. That was usually my experience, and I had friends say the exact same thing. In order to have good ball control you need to feel comfortable. Guys may play often after just getting off a long flight the night before, but there's also the fact that he's joining a new team, and has to learn all of the signals from the catcher and coaches. Didn't make sense to me to put him in so soon. I think this was another blunder by Gibbons, and it blew up in his face. Of course, resting your best and hottest player when we're just starting to maybe get on a hot streak isn't a very good idea, either. I mean, who could've imagined that a guy so instrumental in our previous 2 wins would be missed? Oh wait, I knew that, and so did most others here. Just terrible managing. Really, really terrible.

I don't disagree, but Hawkins did just that. Came within a day of being traded, and pitched, and got a 1-2-3 inning. Sometimes you just gotta throw your hands up in the air and say it's baseball. Stuff happens.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You know we have the best bullpen since all star game. Right?
No but dont let facts get to you

The best offense by a mile and we're still a .500 team - sorry, that's pitching. I'm not sure how you don't see that.

Today is an example - if you score 6 you should reasonably expect to win the ball game.

Also, I never mentioned bullpen specifically. But the new guy, from the bullpen, came in and blew it today.

It's a shame we didn't grab today's game, but we'll move on to tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad