2015 Training Camp Will Be Most Exciting For You Since...

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I haven't been this excited about training camp since 2010.

Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi and Omark were coming in to bring HOPE.

Every year since then I've been less and less excited about it.

We haven't even hit the draft, trades, or free agency and I already can't wait for camp.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse and Slepylsev.

I'm also very curious to see the progression of Kelfbom, Lander and Yakupov!

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I know it's a slam dunk but I'm going to feel more excited after I hear them announce his name at the draft.

Bastulon

Jul 11, 2014
Canada

We haven't even hit the draft, trades, or free agency and I already can't wait for camp.

MCDNs sounds like Medicines. We have a Nurse. Who needs HOPE

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Never. This upcoming TC is the most exciting, even before free agency and trading, which will upgrade this team even more.

The 2005 one is very close though. Getting Pronger and Peca was huge. In a way, there was more reason to be excited then than now. Our current squad is still too young. To get a player like McDavid though... it's just amazing

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Never. This upcoming TC is the most exciting, even before free agency and trading, which will upgrade this team even more.

The 2005 one is very close though. Getting Pronger and Peca was huge. In a way, there was more reason to be excited then than now. Our current squad is still too young. To get a player like McDavid though... it's just amazing

yea was going to say couldn't believe we had a pretty damn close hall of fame defenseman already that was surreal seeing him play for the Oiler's first game.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I am very excited for it. Hall, Eberle, RNH will all be experienced guys, no longer young guns going thru the learning curve.

Yak, Klefbom will come to camp looking to continue the hot end to their seasons.

Babcock/TM will have a full offseason with them, and a whole camp. They can do big things for them

Then well have the saviour starting his NHL dominance, as well as LD and Nurse pushing hard for a spot.

Probaly have 2 bigger name D in camp too

Itll be a major treat. Although the coaching will be the biggest importance

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

Anyone who Mentions HOPE has to recognize the new acronym:

Hall - Yakupov - McDavid - Eberle - Nugent-Hopkins

Wasn't my idea, I can't remember who noticed. Come take a bow. They're gonna make the playoffs, like a virgin, for the very first time.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Anyone who Mentions HOPE has to recognize the new acronym:

Hall - Yakupov - McDavid - Eberle - Nugent-Hopkins

Wasn't my idea, I can't remember who noticed. Come take a bow. They're gonna make the playoffs, like a virgin, for the very first time.

I rememer

Hall
Eberle
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Pouliot
Yakupov
Schultz

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Most anticipated training camp ever for me, been a fan for almost 20 years now.
Was really excited after the Pronger and Peca acquisitions but nothing like this.

I'm confident that Chiarelli will bring in some players to make the team more competitive so that will add to the anticipation along with the obvious anticipation of seeing McDavid and the battles in camp with Nurse, Draisaitl etc. battling for spots and another year of growth for the young core led by one of the better coaches in the game (hopefully).

This is going to be a painful offseason of waiting especially after mid July or so.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Seeing McDavid in Oilers jersey for the first time on ice will be unbelievable. I'm so excited about next season that I bought Eastside Hockey Manager even though I usually couldn't give a **** about hockey after our season ends. :)

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
since never for me. I've only been Oilers fan for like 4 years and only just really got into it last year. most excited to see

Klefbom, McDavid, Yak2, Drai, Nurse

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm mostly excited for McDavid and Klefbom, I have a good feeling these 2 guys are gonna blow away our expectations.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I want to see who Chiarelli gets at the draft/in free agency. The roster as it stands even with McDavid still blows and is very much bottom 5 team in the league.

I'll get really excited if Chiarelli brings in a 2-3 top 4 d-men and a starting goalie.

For me, McDavid as excited as I am for him, doesn't temper the reality that this team is still really, really bad. It would be tough to get excited for training camp if the season was already a right off like it was this past season.

hulabaluu

Jun 11, 2013
Finland
I want to see who Chiarelli gets at the draft/in free agency. The roster as it stands even with McDavid still blows and is very much bottom 5 team in the league.

I'll get really excited if Chiarelli brings in a 2-3 top 4 d-men and a starting goalie.

For me, McDavid as excited as I am for him, doesn't temper the reality that this team is still really, really bad. It would be tough to get excited for training camp if the season was already a right off like it was this past season.

This .:handclap:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I don't buy that. This team is junk if you imagine that Nikitin and Nurse will have to be top-4 defensemen and Scrivens is the starter, but that's ridiculous.

I look at Calgary and Vancouver, the Oilers are bad, but the climb doesn't feel as far as it did. I'm not calling them a playoff team, but with a couple of even solid adds, they could comfortably contend for the playoffs.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I don't buy that. This team is junk if you imagine that Nikitin and Nurse will have to be top-4 defensemen and Scrivens is the starter, but that's ridiculous.

I look at Calgary and Vancouver, the Oilers are bad, but the climb doesn't feel as far as it did. I'm not calling them a playoff team, but with a couple of even solid adds, they could comfortably contend for the playoffs.

Yeah I agree. Honestly, Even if they bring in a good goaltender and top 4 d-man (I'm not realistically expecting a full overhaul in one summer), this team has a chance to be very competitive.

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle get to be a secondary scoring line. McDavid is going to have some struggles sure, but Hall will help him out, and they'll be dangerous every game together.

Most importantly, we've heard already from Hall, Eberle, Lander and Klefbom about how excited they suddenly are for this up coming season. No more going through the motions. These kids see new hope, they're going to train their butt's off this summer and come in ready to win. They're tired of losing.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
most excited since 2005..coming out of the lockout with Pronger...

new GM
new Coach
McDavid
Nurse
Drasaitl
new defense (hopefully)
new goaltender

a complete reversal of last year's training camp

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He said "the roster as it stands" and it's hard to disagree although bottom 5 is a bit of a stretch with McDavid and a new coach.
The defense and goaltending right now is AHL worthy and the forward group is way too soft.

It's great to have McDavid but Chiarelli has a lot of work to do otherwise, it's going to be another rough season in all likelihood.
However, I'm confident that Chia will plug at least some of the holes with legit players and have this team pointed in the right direction. Getting the right coach is also key.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad