OT: 2015 Redskins Part (RG)III: The Road To The Super Bowl/HOF Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
To the people saying we need to see what we have with RG3 how many years are you willing to waste. The things that made him special are gone. He will never be a drop back passer and that is not why he was drafted. Honestly they do not have the offensive line to protect the way he wants to play. Just from the two preseason games I seriously doubt he survives the balitmore game. Without wishing harm on him it might be the best thing for him. Get released and sign with a team that is more established. I dont believe he will ever be an above average starter but he cleary wont survive much more of being a redskin. They should release him and let cousins sink or swim for 8 games. The season is already scheduled to be a disapointment. If cousins is as bad as his detractors say next seasons draft status wont be affected.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What does this team have to lose by sticking with RGIII? Cousins or McCoy isn't going to make this team a contender. If RGIII turns himself back into RGIIIsus, then maybe they can have a cinderalla playoff run. If he continues to suck, then this team misses the playoffs, just like they would with Cousins or McCoy.

One of our QBs has the upside to be a franchise changer. The others don't. Cousins may become a decent starter, but this team doesn't go anywhere with a decent starter.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What does this team have to lose by sticking with RGIII? Cousins or McCoy isn't going to make this team a contender. If RGIII turns himself back into RGIIIsus, then maybe they can have a cinderalla playoff run. If he continues to suck, then this team misses the playoffs, just like they would with Cousins or McCoy.

One of our QBs has the upside to be a franchise changer. The others don't. Cousins may become a decent starter, but this team doesn't go anywhere with a decent starter.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/yearly/cap/

There's almost 30 players who are free agents of some kind after this year. From a player's standpoint none of them are going to be OK slogging through a throwaway year when their livelihoods are at stake, all because the team can't figure out the QB situation. From a GM and coach standpoint you probably can't properly evaluate all those players on a team that can't escape its own shadow. Plus Gruden may be fighting for his job as it is.

So there are plenty of reasons to want to get the QB thing right (at least enough to not totally stink) rather than just throwin crap on the wall to see what sticks.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

See thats what im talking about. You say one of them has upside. That upside is gone. Its never coming back. He was never a pocket passer and most likely wont ever be one. He was great at what he knew how to do. Scrambling and extending plays which works in college. Wilson can do it because he is intelligent enough to bail on bad situations. Im no Cousins fan but I always find it interesting hearing we know what cousins is on here, on the radio. Its quite amazing considering he was never given a regular shot at being the QB. Even when he got his 3-4 games he was told he wasnt the man. Why not see. You already used the draft pick on him. RG3 is a known commodity and a failed pick.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Unless there are brilliant schemes they're waiting to use until the regular season I don't think it'll be long before Cousins is playing one way or another. If it's not performance it'll be injury and I tend to doubt brilliant and Jay Gruden will ever be used in the same sentence. The guy is just not head coach material.

Granted, the organization above him has been a complete joke pre-McCloughan and that's the root issue. Both Gruden & RGIII will flame out eventually and then we'll start to see what the future looks like.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Unless there are brilliant schemes they're waiting to use until the regular season I don't think it'll be long before Cousins is playing one way or another. If it's not performance it'll be injury and I tend to doubt brilliant and Jay Gruden will ever be used in the same sentence. The guy is just not head coach material.

Granted, the organization above him has been a complete joke pre-McCloughan and that's the root issue. Both Gruden & RGIII will flame out eventually and then we'll start to see what the future looks like.

i wouldnt mind seeing colt mccoy first. i know cousins has improved lately but his regular season stats show that he shouldnt be the guy yet. thats my opinion though

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
We're already writing off this past draft? :sarcasm: <but not really sarcastic>

I think we'll have some players from this draft. I think Scherff will turn out to be a very good guard. Smith and Jones have flashed in the preseason and could turn out to be starters. I saw Crowder first hand in college and he was terrific, so I have high hopes for him. Who knows.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What does this team have to lose by sticking with RGIII?

Lose the other 52 players that had to compete throughout training camp for a position on the team. Most players like to win and most players don't like to risk serious injury on a losing team because the 4th year QB needs another look.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Lose the other 52 players that had to compete throughout training camp for a position on the team. Most players like to win and most players don't like to risk serious injury on a losing team because the 4th year QB needs another look.

Of those 52 players, we have maybe 7 or 8 I actually care about. This team is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad