[/table]

Added Andrei Mironov​

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is where the real battle starts. I could probably see an argument for any of those 5 D go in any order. I guess potential is the tiebreaker and Meloche has the most.

Add Martin, need to keep a goalie on the list.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This is where the real battle starts. I could probably see an argument for any of those 5 D go in any order. I guess potential is the tiebreaker and Meloche has the most.

Add Martin, need to keep a goalie on the list.

Meloche has the highest potential + likelihood of hitting. That's why he's my pick here, though Mironov being a such a safe bet to be a legit NHLer if he comes over would put him next on my list. (I think it only makes sense to assume that he comes over after his current contract until he decides not to)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Went Geertsen, he is more developed at this point than Meloche, and I see their ceilings as being fairly equal.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Meloche is much more offensively gifted, he's a legit top pairing guy if he lives up to his potential. Geertsen's worked hard to add a better shot to his game but he's not going to put up much offense.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I do not seeing any of those other guys garnering the return that Meloche would. Maybe Compher, but doubt it.

Add Butcher, but can see the need to keep a goalie on the list so Martin is fine.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Bourke or Martin next imo. Bourke has gotten under the radar due to his usage in LEM, but I think he's still a good prospect.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
It's pretty tight at this point. I went Compher because I see him as a safe bet to be an NHL contributer as a 3rd liner who can maybe play up into the top 6 if he develops his offensive game further.
Then Mironov because of NHL readiness. If he were to come over in 2 years, I think this is a safe bet to be a 4-6 type of dman.

Meloche next. He has the highest potential as a possible top pairing guy but has a long way to go and there's a very real possibility we don't wind up with an NHLer at all - too much depends on his development to put him above the other two.
Then Siemens, then Geertsen, though their play in the AHL may change my mind this year.

I'd have Wood last as despite his astronomical improvement there's a gulf between where he is now and where he needs to be to become an NHL player.

In sum:
Compher
Mironov
Meloche
Siemens
Geertsen
Greer
Wood

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Meloche next. He has the highest potential as a possible top pairing guy but has a long way to go and there's a very real possibility we don't wind up with an NHLer at all - too much depends on his development to put him above the other two.

I would agree there is a real possibility with Meloche (and any other prospect), but I would say that Meloche is a 'safer' prospect than any of our defensemen prospects except Bigras.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad