Prospect Info: 2015 Ranking #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Elliott is too old to be a prospect and Aittokallio well, I don't think he's considered to be a prospect anymore. We hold his rights sure but by the time he comes back, if he ever does he will be older than 24 anyway. If the consensus wants him on the list that's fine but I don't think that will be the case.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Going with Beaudin again.

add Pepin or Boikov.

One thing I've been thinking, how far will we go this year? Will we go to 25 like last year or should we rank all of our prospects this year? I've been impressed with the amount of votes we've received this far into the polling (I think last year we were getting half the amount of votes by this time) and we clearly have a larger and better group of prospects to make the polling more entertaining.

All of them? How many is that?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
37 according to Hockey's Future. I like TVs idea of 25 and 5 honorable mentions as I doubt many people will be interested as to where lesser AHLers go in the polls.

My count had about 30 that I expected to get nominated anyway, I agree the lesser AHLers probably not but we'll see.

If this were a popularity poll my selections would have been a lot different. There's a lot of projection of potential here, its understandable to me why someone who might get called up for a couple games is voted on lower than someone who might be an actual regular part of the roster someday. Between Hishon and Hamilton is probably a fair debate to me but folks still see upside with Hishon.

member 116861

me either. It's just because people don't know him yet. These are popularity polls, not really about who can contribute.

What? I think we all know Freddie Hamilton pretty well. He was a pretty big name prospect and played 17 games for our team. We know the guy but the reason people aren't voting for him (myself included) is because he will be a 4th liner at best.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
What? I think we all know Freddie Hamilton pretty well. He was a pretty big name prospect and played 17 games for our team. We know the guy but the reason people aren't voting for him (myself included) is because he will be a 4th liner at best.

And the reason people vote for him is that we feel others won't surpass that (or likelihood of doing that is too small).

Congo Jack

is a big fat mess.
Jun 28, 2011
Candy Apple Island
Elliott is too old to be a prospect and Aittokallio well, I don't think he's considered to be a prospect anymore. We hold his rights sure but by the time he comes back, if he ever does he will be older than 24 anyway. If the consensus wants him on the list that's fine but I don't think that will be the case.

I think even if Elliott was eligible that he wouldn't be high on the list as he and Aitto both were expected to have a big year and neither rose to the occasion.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
And the reason people vote for him is that we feel others won't surpass that (or likelihood of doing that is too small).

nailed it

We're to the point that most of these guys won't even make the NHL. Hamilton's already played some games.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
nailed it

We're to the point that most of these guys won't even make the NHL. Hamilton's already played some games.

But they're prospects. You can get a 4th liner like Hamilton any time in FA for dirt cheap. If their ceiling is a 4th liner, I don't think they should be ranked on this list. I think we should rate prospects based on their ability to contribute in the future and I don't think a 4th liner is going to contribute that much and or be a key member of the team. They're more or less interchangeable.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
But they're prospects. You can get a 4th liner like Hamilton any time in FA for dirt cheap. If their ceiling is a 4th liner, I don't think they should be ranked on this list. I think we should rate prospects based on their ability to contribute in the future and I don't think a 4th liner is going to contribute that much and or be a key member of the team. They're more or less interchangeable.

They can still contribute a hell of a lot more than an AHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad