Prospect Info: 2015 Ranking #13

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I'm not trying to keep flogging the guy. But no I dont think he's more talented. I like Smith quite a bit and while he might just be an AHL player, he's a pretty good one. Smith has the hands, the moves, the playmaking skills. His rookie year he lead the whole AHL something like 8/11 in shootouts. So to me that reason why folks hold Hishon in high regard because of that natural skill I don't think his talent in that area is much greater than Smith. And Smith is more reliable defensively, PKs and takes on tougher minutes.

What do you think of Hishon without the concussion, out of curiosity? I haven't seen nearly as many LEM games as you so maybe I'm off but my whole point is that Hishon hasn't played like I think he can because he's been constantly hit with setbacks and is been tough to get back the spark.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
You mean when he was in the OHL? I'm not going to say I saw a whole lot of him back then. So when folks evaluate his talent based on that I understand where y'all are coming from, that there could be more there and I'm not going to disagree. I just think for me anyway is I have to evaluate him at what kind of player he is right now because that is who he is right now and it is based on skill, ability to impact the game. If those pest like qualities do come back someday might be a different story how he impacts the game, I can recognize that. But based on raw skill, I don't think he's going to suddenly become more skilled and I think Smith is near equal to him in that department.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think it's past the point of looking at what Hishon did in the OHL. That was three years ago now. Whether we like it or not, the concussions have changed his game. Stefan Elliott was a dominant player offensively in the WHL, but sometimes, games just don't translate 100% to the pros. Hishon hasn't had it easy with the injuries, but it's not just concussions that have messed with him. He seems to have just a general problem of staying healthy, even before the big concussion.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Be hillarious if Hishon breaks through this year.

It would be awesome if Hish and Elliott could break out this year, not hilarious, but no one should be holding their breath on either of those actually happening. I'd settle for Hishon becoming as good for the Rampage as Agozzino or Smith this season; as that would be a nice step forward from what we've seen so far and give him some purpose in the organization.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I.e. Above 6'2".

Precisely.

I just think his injury history is too big of a concern to keep him around. Avs have put a lot of time into getting him better, but I think we'd be better trading him if/when he has a breakout, than holding onto him until he gets his next concussion.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's been five years since Hishon was drafted. Losing basically two years of development hurts, especially for a guy that's undersized and needed to get stronger and comfortable playing against men.

He's talented, but time is quickly running out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's been five years since Hishon was drafted. Losing basically two years of development hurts, especially for a guy that's undersized and needed to get stronger and comfortable playing against men.

He's talented, but time is quickly running out.

You size-ist.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Freudian is a height supremacist. JK, Hishon's got no value at all, he better break through soon. Very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad