2e30igw.jpg

2015 PROSPECT RANKING
[table="head;width=3000]RANK|PREV|CHNG|NAME|POS|TEAM|DRAFT|VOTES
1|N/A|N/A| Mikko Rantanen|RW|TPS|#10 overall 2015|106 votes, 93.40%|
2|1|-1| Chris Bigras|D|Owen Sound|#32 overall 2013|99 votes, 96.97%|
3|2|-1| Conner Bleackley|C|Red Deer|#23 overall 2014|92 votes, 46.74%|
4|11|+7| Calvin Pickard|G|Lake Erie|#49 overall 2010|89 votes, 50.56%|
5|N/A|N/A| Nicolas Meloche|D|Baie-Comeau|#40 overall 2015|89 votes, 41.57%|
6|N/A|N/A| JT Compher|C|University of Michigan|#35 overall 2013|87 votes, 42.53%|
7|9|+2| Mason Geertsen|D|Vancouver|#93 overall 2013|84 votes, 38.10%|
8|3|-5| Duncan Siemens|D|Lake Erie|#11 overall 2011|84 votes, 60.71%|
9|10|+1| Kyle Wood|D|North Bay|#84 overall 2014|79 votes, 36.71%|
10|N/A|N/A| AJ Greer|LW|Boston University|#39 overall 2015|70 votes, 52.86%|
11|N/A|N/A| Andrei Mironov|D|Dynamo Moskva|#101 overall 2015|66 votes, 48.48%|
12|18|+6| Borna Rendulic|RW|Lake Erie|Undrafted FA|68 votes, 33.82%|
[/table]

Added Colin Smith​

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Voted for the correct player this time around. Martin that is.

Add Bourke next.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, looks like I don't have to choose from Rendulic and Beaudin now that Rendulic got there already. Still Martin, this one's his. Add Bourke.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Picked Beaudin, meant Martin, thought we already went through his round.

Add Magyar.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Realistically Hishon is better than many of these remaining prospects, some who won't even come as close as he has. But I feel that he and Elliott have both shown that they're not going to cut it in the NHL, while others are still long shots. I suppose there's the outside chance he might stay healthy and put it together but I'm not optimistic.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I've said before I don't think Hishon is any better than Colin Smith. I understand proximity to NHL is something to weigh and especially over those who don't have contracts yet but potential has a value too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rendulic beat out Martin? Wasn't expecting that.

Martin again.

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
I've said before I don't think Hishon is any better than Colin Smith. I understand proximity to NHL is something to weigh and especially over those who don't have contracts yet but potential has a value too.

I think he's more talented just hasn't shown that spark he had before the concussion which is critical to his offensive game. His game is a lot more timid, understandably, and that holds him back. The more ice time he gets, the better. Definitely seems like a make or break year for him as far as the Avs are concerned though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think he's more talented just hasn't shown that spark he had before the concussion which is critical to his offensive game. His game is a lot more timid, understandably, and that holds him back. The more ice time he gets, the better. Definitely seems like a make or break year for him as far as the Avs are concerned though.

If he hasn't been that player since McNabb-happened other than a game here and there, is he really still the same player he was before McNabb-happened?

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
If he hasn't been that player since McNabb-happened other than a game here and there, is he really still the same player he was before McNabb-happened?

He has the talent still. It's a lot about comfort out there. He hasn't played with the same aggression from what ice seen but he also hasn't been consistently healthy. Last year was his healthiest year yet. If he can stay healthy, I think he'll regain some form. I don't think he's the prospect he once was but I wouldn't have him as low as many have him

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Agreed, potential has value that probably follows something that looks like a bell curve - less when you're really far from the show, peaking mid development and then dropping back down when you prove you can't hash it. Some of our guys fit in the former, Hishon and Elliott in the latter. I'd probably put Hishon above Nantel or Smith but not above Butcher or Beaudin. There's not really that much seperating that group who are all long shots for various reasons.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

I'm not trying to keep flogging the guy. But no I dont think he's more talented. I like Smith quite a bit and while he might just be an AHL player, he's a pretty good one. Smith has the hands, the moves, the playmaking skills. His rookie year he lead the whole AHL something like 8/11 in shootouts. So to me that reason why folks hold Hishon in high regard because of that natural skill I don't think his talent in that area is much greater than Smith. And Smith is more reliable defensively, PKs and takes on tougher minutes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He has the talent still. It's a lot about comfort out there. He hasn't played with the same aggression from what ice seen but he also hasn't been consistently healthy. Last year was his healthiest year yet. If he can stay healthy, I think he'll regain some form. I don't think he's the prospect he once was but I wouldn't have him as low as many have him

Does he still have the talent? He was successful because of the bravado and pestiness with which he utilized his skils, if he no longer has that courage then is it really fair to say he still has that talent when he can not be the player he used to be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad