2015 playoffs ?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
can we beat out any of these team to make the playoffs?
P - BOSTON
Y - PITTSBURGH
X - TAMPA BAY
X - MONTRÉAL
X - NY RANGERS
X - PHILADELPHIA
X - COLUMBUS
X - DETROIT
WASHINGTON

UP INCOMING TEAMS NYI, PANTHERS, OTTAWA, NEW JERSEY

WHERE DO WE FIT? 1- 15

ARE WE A TOP 8 TEAM?

OR ANOTHER TOP 8 PICK NEXT YEAR?:)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Sure, why not?

We'll certainly have a better idea once the Rosters are set.

Ace88*

Can we? Sure we can.

Will we? Who knows. Sounds like as good a year as any to finish in 9th.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not sure if we did enough to pass any of the teams above us, and I think Buffalo, Islanders, Canucks, Flames and even Edmonton and Florida all made strides and could be better teams than us.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Philly and Detroit are beatable. Fla, NJ, and Ott are definitely beatable. 9th it is

9th , 10th is what i think:nod:

we should not expect playoffs with this team, next year will be our year.

give shanahan a year with the team and league, move up next year like tampa did:nod::)

if they make it than its a bonus, if not we should not be disappointed:)

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
We would have made it last season if the defence wasnt so **** and if McClement didn't play 23 minutes a game but now both areas are completely different and i trust they will make the playoffs :D

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Toronto is set to be a bubble team playoff team again.

The East is wide open after the Pens, Tampa, Boston + maybe Montreal. We could just as easily finish 6th as we could 12th or 13th.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Question marks all over so I would put us down for a no.

But a lot can happen. I didn't think we would be this bad this season and look at us now.

We'll see. Way too early to panic.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
They make it last year if Bernier doesn't get hurt. With a better Roster this year and a healthy Bernier there's no reason to think they can't make it.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
We would have made it last season if the defence wasnt so **** and if McClement didn't play 23 minutes a game but now both areas are completely different and i trust they will make the playoffs :D

would of could of should of, but the numbers said no right from the beginning.

defence is still a ? this year,,,,

forwards, top 9 have to play above expectations ( career years) :nod for us to have a chance

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
They make it last year if Bernier doesn't get hurt. With a better Roster this year and a healthy Bernier there's no reason to think they can't make it.

it was not bernier, some players fell of the cliff:nod: down the stretch :)

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
The final rosters are not set yet. The Bruins could very well lose someone like Marchand due to cap reasons. Same could be said for the others near it like the Flyers. As for the current roster, there is no reason to believe that we couldn't squeak in as a wild card team.

The only sure teams in the East are the Bruins and Pens. It would not surprise me at all to see any of the Wings, Rangers, Habs, Lightning, Flyers, etc. fall out of the playoff picture due to some untimely injuries and so on.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I think they do. More Stable D, added some hard workers, 4th line that can actually play, and young guys are a year older and more experienced so you have to think they will be better too.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
P - BOSTON
Y - PITTSBURGH
X - TAMPA BAY
X - MONTRÉAL
X - NY RANGERS
X - PHILADELPHIA
X - COLUMBUS
X - DETROIT
WASHINGTON

WHERE DO WE FIT? 1- 15

ARE WE A TOP 8 TEAM?

I think it's WAAAAAAAY to early to predict that. The rosters for most teams have changed a lot and I'm not sure any team is a lock for the playoffs.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
P - BOSTON
Y - PITTSBURGH
X - TAMPA BAY
X - MONTRÉAL
X - NY RANGERS
X - PHILADELPHIA
X - COLUMBUS
X - DETROIT
WASHINGTON

WHERE DO WE FIT? 1- 15

ARE WE A TOP 8 TEAM?

really hard to say, leafs have questions in just about every area - goal, defense and down the middle again this season. this is a team that needs to catch lightning in a bottle to make up for when they dip back into suckage.

(so far).

the center depth is about the same, if kadri / bozak go down we're in the same straight as we were last year

hard to say the defense has improved - the deck chairs have changed - but will the team and lines up front develop a magical understanding of team defense this season? we also have no centerman that can take faceoffs right now making defensemen's work even tougher than it was last season. bad faceoff teams atypically don't make the playoffs.

Will this mass change in the back end work? will the players gell and develop chemistry?

will bernier have a "sophomore" season? coming off a good first year as a starter season? is he healthy 100% and will he now have what small goaltenders sometimes get - a reoccurring weak groin?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
I hope not. Yes, I want to tank. Please don't beat me up:laugh:

tank meaning top 8 to 5 pick, thats ok:nod:

team still needs to grow, and adding 1 more top pick wont hurt:nod:

next year its going to be a must for playoffs (2016),,, shanahan knows that. contenders 2017 and on:nod::)

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
There are 3 strong teams in the east.

Boston
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay

And even those 3 teams have some flaws and issues. I'm just happy we are in the East. I think we can squeeze out another 10 points or so this season. So chalk me up to making the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad