Salary Cap: 2015 Off-season Roster Building VI - Because We Can't All Be Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

I keep seeing people saying we need to draft better and get younger. I don't think that would change this organization because they don't know how to devolop players. I think their philosophy for devoloping players is flawed and until they fix that they'll have to keep signing FA's. Maybe it will get better but the draft menas NOTHING if you can't properly devolop players. You will only find a Matta so often. Bennett couldve been top 6 player or top 9 but we won't know because they don't know how to devolop players. Or worse.......they don't want to......they rather have experience smh

The Pens have many issues. Developing players has never been one of those issues. Hynes was an excellent coach for us in WBS and had a huge impact at getting our few good prospects to the NHL. It's totally a drafting issue, we don't even remotely have a development issue.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois
But we can't offer the picks for that. The compensation got revamped for this year, now the new max for a 1st and a 3rd rounder is $5,046,585. We can't go any higher than that, and Chicago would most definitely match that. They'd probably thank us for doing their job of working out a fair and long term deal with Saad.

did not know that, i was thinking 1st and 3rd got you to 5.47, your definitely right then. only other option would be to trade for 2nd back from Toronto, but thats not very realistic i wouldnt think. plus thats giving up to much. probably have to trade this years 2nd+5th, then turn around and give 1st+2nd+3rd next year.

penguins2946*

did not know that, i was thinking 1st and 3rd got you to 5.47, your definitely right then. only other option would be to trade for 2nd back from Toronto, but thats not very realistic i wouldnt think. plus thats giving up to much. probably have to trade this years 2nd+5th, then turn around and give 1st+2nd+3rd next year.

Yeah we'd have to trade for our 2nd back if we wanted to throw an offer sheet at Saad that we could actually get him with, but it would be pretty dumb for us to probably trade more assets for our 2nd back (probably our 2nd this year at least) and then just lose them to bring in Saad. I'd rather just keep our picks and take our chances that we'll get a Saad with one of those 3 picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad