GDT: 2015 NHL Entry Draft

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
I really wish we would have just traded the pick for someone who could help us compete now.

Our window to compete is just opening. Benn and Seguin entering their primes, Spezza about to exit that. We can't waste these years.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I really wish we would have just traded the pick for someone who could help us compete now.

Our window to compete is just opening. Benn and Seguin entering their primes, Spezza about to exit that. We can't waste these years.

Yeah I'd have preferred if we had traded the pick to address our goalie situation or defense...knowing now what Nill was going to do with it.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
If only you guys could've seen me as Crouse was available after the first 10 picks.

Crouse and Connor and Barzal.

I said to my friend there's no chance Dallas can mess it up.

Florida took Crouse, so I was a little disappointed.

I told my friend, I mean maybe Dallas reaches for Svechnikov. They took a Russian once before, so maybe it's Svech.

I was even considering the possibility of Konecny or Boeser, maybe Merkely.

I reassured my friend and myself that I will be happy with the next pick. We're at #12. There are so many great names to add to our talent pool.

Nill speaks. He says hello to the people in the OMNI Hotel. He introduces Joe McDonnell to the podium.

I say "Cmon Joe, say 'From the Seattle Thunderbirds"

Joe says some incomprehensible place. My mind runs through teams.. "that better not be where Ilya Samsonov plays"

".... Denis Guryanov"

"**** me" I said. "Look at who's available and they still reach."

Why not trade down and accumulate assets?

I guess the Bruins may have wanted him. They did take Senyshyn at 15 for God sake. Or maybe the Stars were afraid.

A sleep later and I'm still rattled but not as much.

If you want "your guy" you take your guy in this draft.

I saw Guryanov as a 20-30 guy talent wise. The Russian factor is probably what made Florida take Crouse at 11. A 'safer' RW pick.

I saw Guryanov play in the U18s. Obviously not in the MHL and in the KHL by all accounts he had limited ice time. Next year he'll be a regular in the KHL. He should do OK, but the Toglyatti team is pretty ****.

My jaw hit the floor when Don Sweeney said Zac Senyshyn. It's still there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Lack to Carolina for a 3rd and a 7th.

Nill couldn't beat that? Really?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ducks interested in Khudobin. No idea why... Unless Gibson/Andersen would be moving.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The pronunciation of "Kylington" is something I'm gonna have to take a while to get used to.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sharks traded up pretty heftily to select Jeremy Roy.

Second round has begun.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Tampa takes Mitchell Stevens.

Never heard of him...

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
4 more picks until us. And Bracco is still there. I have a feeling NJ is gonna take him though.

Edit: I'm dumb. I thought we picked at 45.

Last edited:

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
So we pick Roope Hintz in the 2nd round... Finnish winger it seems. 17 points in 42 games in SM-Liiga though, that's very respectable... "Very high hockey-IQ" says Eliteprospects... Sounds like a Jim Nill kinda player alright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad