Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Wish list-

Svechnikov
Boeser
Zboril
Guryanov

Would like to get one of those 4 guys at 23.

If we add the 31st/33rd overall-

Juulsen
Sprong
Dunn

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I love the complete lack of consensus among us.

• Konecny
  • Harkins
  • Eriksson Ek
  • Debrusk

• Boeser
  • Beauvillier
  • Chlapik
  • Sprong

• Svechnikov
  • Guryanov

• Zboril
  • Roy
  • Chabot
  • Dunn
  • Kylington
  • Juulsen
  • Pilon

DND
  • Carlo
  • Bittner

------

I've seen posters advocating for the entire spectrum of those players to be picked at #23. That the only thing we can seem to agree on is that we don't want Vancouver to draft Carlo or Bittner at #23 (and Sprong, to a lesser extent).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

I've seen posters advocating for the entire spectrum of those players to be picked at #23. That the only thing we can seem to agree on is that we don't want Vancouver to draft Carlo or Bittner at #23 (and Sprong, to a lesser extent).

Err... I'm OK with drafting Carlo depending upon what's left on the board. Specifically, if Benning is set on a Dman, and if Jeremy Roy is off the board, then Carlo should get consideration as one of the best remaining right shot defenders.

However, if Benning is open to drafting a forward, then yes, I can think of clearly better options.

The one thing a big Defensive Dman has in his corner is that there are literally no offensive expectations. As long as he prevents goals, he will be given chance after chance to 'graduate'. His offense won't matter.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Wish list-

Svechnikov
Boeser
Zboril
Guryanov

Would like to get one of those 4 guys at 23.

If we add the 31st/33rd overall-

Juulsen
Sprong
Dunn

Good call. I am ok with Harkins in the first group also and I think Benning has him there as one of the 4-5 guys he likes

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus

• Konecny
  • Harkins
  • Eriksson Ek
  • Debrusk

• Boeser
  • Beauvillier
  • Chlapik
  • Sprong

• Svechnikov
  • Guryanov

• Zboril
  • Roy
  • Chabot
  • Dunn
  • Kylington
  • Juulsen
  • Pilon

DND
  • Carlo
  • Bittner

------

All the usual suspects seem accounted for. Not sure Pilon should be on that list. If he has backing here it must have been from earlier in the season. Don't view Bittner as quite at the same level of "DND" as Carlo. Guy has some tools and... if the less than desirable should happen, I don't think it should necessarily warrant the amount of crying on here that I suspect it will.:laugh:

Sprong is a home run swing pure and simple. One I'd be very tempted to make if I had an early 2nd or two to use on Ds.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria

• Konecny
  • Harkins
  • Eriksson Ek
  • Debrusk

• Boeser
  • Beauvillier
  • Chlapik
  • Sprong

• Svechnikov
  • Guryanov

• Zboril
  • Roy
  • Chabot
  • Dunn
  • Kylington
  • Juulsen
  • Pilon

DND
  • Carlo
  • Bittner

------

Great point.There's gonna be a lot of unhappy HF posters next Friday night and lots of heated debate for the next several years,most likely.At least last year there were really only 4 choices (Virtanen,Ritchie,Nylander,and Ehlers) and look at the ****storm that's been ongoing since and won't stop for years to come unless JV absolutely kills it next year and the other three completely bust.Gonna be a lot more debate again after this draft. :popcorn:

JB's on record as saying he's looking for fast,physical players so I wouldn't be shocked at all if we take Noah Juulsen at #23 which I'm totally fine with.

Bittner wouldn't really surprise me either but there are several forwards on that list I would take before him.

My first choice would be Zboril but I doubt he'll be there at our pick as there are going to be plenty of teams looking for D and I think he's the next best after the big three.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I say go all out and draft Van De Sompel.

Hope he grows 2 inches and you have a excellent defenseman.

1.08PPG for a defenseman, feels to me like a huge steal.

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Kylington should not be drafted in the first round, guy's decision making is Sbisa level. Although Sbisa was drafted in the first so maybe I'm wrong.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I say go all out and draft Van De Sompel.

Hope he grows 2 inches and you have a excellent defenseman.

1.08PPG for a defenseman, feels to me like a huge steal.

How much of that is a result of Cassels and Dal Colle being over ager Champions.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone but Carlo! Also not very high on Bittner.

- Been liking Eriksson Ek the more I've seen/read about him, would be quite happy if he's still around at 23 and the Canucks took him.

- The Russians Svechnikov and Gurianov also intrigue me, so much offensive potential.

- Brock Boeser is another on of my favs.

- If we go defense, I want 1 of Chabot, or Juulsen. Would prefer Chabot.

Last edited:

The Jesus*

Kylington should not be drafted in the first round, guy's decision making is Sbisa level. Although Sbisa was drafted in the first so maybe I'm wrong.

His pass out of the zone is elite. His skating is elite. His ability to get shots through from the point is elite. His playmaking skills from the blueline are outstanding. His defensive positioning is good.

Yeah, he makes bad decisions sometimes. Chases pucks in the corner when he should be guarding the slot. He'll rush the puck up and cough it up. But as far as potential for an offensive PMD, he's the best option in this draft class.

He played in the 2nd-3rd best men's league in the world (arguably) and had a bit of a rough year. It happens. With some development and sound coaching, he can be a star in the NHL.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
#SayYesToCarlo #MeatAndPotatoes #BenningPower :sarcasm:

My forward picks:

Svechnikov
Harkins
White
Ek-Ericksson

Defenseman picks

Zorbil
Chabot
Roy

Same as my list, unless someone like Merkley or maybe Konency some how drop and we would have to consider them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad