2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
"McDavid vs Eichel" Draft :yo:

Panthers to host 2015 NHL Entry Draft at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida on June 26th-27th, 2015

With the 2014 Draft now in the books, let's focus on an incredible draft class that is the 2015 Draft Class.

Eichel-McDavid-640x429.jpg

Projected top 5:

1. C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters OHL
2. C Jack Eichel - Boston University Terriers NCAA
3. D Noah Hanifin - Boston College Eagles NCAA
4. C Kyle Connor - University of Michigan Wolverines NCAA
5. RW Colin White - Boston College Eagles NCAA

Discuss!

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
'Q has Jérémy Roy, Nicolas Roy and Daniel Sprong. J. Roy has a slight edge over the others for me.

I also like Allard, Meloche, Brisebois, Bell, Noel, Booth, Richard and Carrier.

A much better crop for the 'Q, loaded with talent on D.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
So Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton, Calgary and NYI all doing the same routine again next year. Great.How exciting.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
As a Cape Bretoner, I hope not :laugh:

Hehe, that would be a tough pill to swallow. However - big, skilled, fast, AND physical forwards from Quebec aren't very common these days, he'd be a marketing dream!

QP's right, looks like it'll be a strong year for the QMJHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If there's a year i wouldn't mind to see the Habs finish last it's next year!

I'll settle for owning as many high picks as we can. Huge currency when you absolutely want a certain player.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
So Florida, Buffalo, Edmonton, Calgary and NYI all doing the same routine again next year. Great.How exciting.

NYI will do everything they can next year to make the playoffs, they traded away their 2015 1st round pick to Buffalo, if they finish bottom 5 again, no way does Snow survive to live another day.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
'15 draft discussion already huh? LOL

Barring injuries or a complete collapse, we won't be looking at these top end guys.

Although our underlying #'s weren't very good this year, so if Price doesn't have another fantastic season who really knows what's going to happen to this team

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Over the years, I've learned not to expect a draft to be special until at least a fair amount of the season has gone on. Just about every year, you hear that the next draft is going to be amazing.

True but we all knew that the 2013 draft class was to be special as well and up till now, they had 9 players drafted in the 1st round that played at least 1 game. Nathan MacKinnon and Seth Jones did not disappoint in their first season and we saw a glimpse of what it is to come for MacKinnon in the future. Drouin is now more ready than ever to make the step in the big leagues and Barkov is gonna establish himself next year as the Panthers 1st line center.

All in all, we can be really excited about a draft class and the 2013 draft class is proof of how good a class can be, even with the expectations.

Analyzer*

Islanders don't have a 1st next year.

If you type out our prospects you see how weak we are at forward. I think, unless it's a long-term type player (2 years+) we should keep our first and potentially our 2nd to help us try and move up.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
True but we all knew that the 2013 draft class was to be special as well and up till now, they had 9 players drafted in the 1st round that played at least 1 game. Nathan MacKinnon and Seth Jones did not disappoint in their first season and we saw a glimpse of what it is to come for MacKinnon in the future. Drouin is now more ready than ever to make the step in the big leagues and Barkov is gonna establish himself next year as the Panthers 1st line center.

All in all, we can be really excited about a draft class and the 2013 draft class is proof of how good a class can be, even with the expectations.

We also all knew the 09 class was going to be beyond special, a once a decade draft class. I'm not saying the top won't be stacked, but I'll wait and see on how strong the class turns out to be at least a few months into the season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I can't wait for the draft.....but I will wait nonetheless....;) See you in September as soon as the Q games and the rest begins.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Damn, that is an early 2015 draft thread.

Won't complain though, there's a lot of interesting players next year. Do you guys believe McDavid could be the next Crosby (100+ pts every year) or will he "only" be a great player (80+ in his best years)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad