2015 NHL Draft: Tampa Bay Lightning draft review

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
mitchell_stephens_tampa_bay_062715.jpg
Photo: Mitchell Stephens had 48 points (22 goals, 26 assists) in 62 games with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit in 2014-15. (Courtesy of Aaron Bell/CHL Images)

</p>Less than two weeks after his team lost in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, Tampa Bay Lightning General Manager Steve Yzerman went back to work at maintaining a strong foundation for his team through the draft. With a young roster on the rise that perhaps arrived as a legitimate contender a year early, Yzerman didn’t have any particular needs to fill at the 2015 NHL Draft. Instead, he replenished his team’s system with players of quality character and skill.… read more

The post 2015 NHL Draft: Tampa Bay Lightning draft review appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
"The strength of the Lightning’s prospect base is its quality and quantity of defensemen, and the addition of Spencer solidifies that notion". - Pretty good to hear this since all that has been talked about in the past has been about our forwards.

About Matt Spencer, "A supremely talented skater with decent size". I wrote somewhere that I thought it was Koekkoek when I first got to development camp. Don't sleep on Spencer this kid can play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad