Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft - Pick #62 - Robin Kovacs

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
IDK if I'd go as far as to call him a bad egg--he's a teenager that engaged in stupid risky behavior, as many do. Bad behavior, yes, bad person? None of us know him, so again IDK.

However the point behind the statement is true. He made bad decisions and that's why he's no longer part of the organization. We didn't give up on him, either. He asked out and we let him out. I don't see the problem.

Hopefully he becomes successful professionally but also on a personal level, and maybe he can take some steps to get involved with other youth to help them avoid his mistakes.

Time to move on though.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's also possible that Kovacs is just one of those players, for a variety of reasons, that is tailor-made for a certain league and a certain role. The sport's history is filled with them.

We can compare all the stats, charts, videos, etc. that we have available, and at the end of the day there are still some guys who just don't seem to translate outside of their league.

Some players need to be in their comfort zone, or be a bigger fish in a smaller pond.

Some guys do better when they're doing the hitting and don't respond as well when they get hit back.

Maybe this applies to Kovacs, maybe it doesn't. But if it does, he certainly wouldn't be the first player.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
IDK if I'd go as far as to call him a bad egg--he's a teenager that engaged in stupid risky behavior, as many do. Bad behavior, yes, bad person? None of us know him, so again IDK.

However the point behind the statement is true. He made bad decisions and that's why he's no longer part of the organization. We didn't give up on him, either. He asked out and we let him out. I don't see the problem.

Hopefully he becomes successful professionally but also on a personal level, and maybe he can take some steps to get involved with other youth to help them avoid his mistakes.

Time to move on though.
I don't think he is a bad person by any means. I think he shows extraordinarily poor judgment, did not put in effort to change bad life choices, could not appreciate the opportunities in front of him, and wasn't exactly some big prospect that is worth the headache. Even just calling him a bad egg acknowledges how young he is; and I hope for his sake he makes some adjustments in his life - he just won't be doing it with the Rangers, rightfully so.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He was good last year, particularly given his age, and is off to an okay start this year. He's the reason he is no longer part of our organization, however, so I don't know why it matters.

Fellow former-black hole Malte Stromwall is leading Liiga in scoring with 7-6-13 in 11 games for KooKoo.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He was good last year, particularly given his age, and is off to an okay start this year. He's the reason he is no longer part of our organization, however, so I don't know why it matters.

Fellow former-black hole Malte Stromwall is leading Liiga in scoring with 7-6-13 in 11 games for KooKoo.
Kaapo Kakko not playing for KooKoo is why the world doesn't make sense.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
17k a year sounds more like minimum wage hahahaha
My buddy made that amount playing in the French league with Gamyo Epinal for the entire season. In fact, it’s been 2 years and he’s still waiting to get his full salary. The team owner declared bankruptcy and stiffed the players. At the same time the GM of the team was texting my buddy asking him to contact players if they wanted to play for the team. Dany Heatley was one. True story, I’m trying to get my buddy to write a book about his playing career because he played juniors with Crosby, out scored current NHL all star defensemen at the same time in juniors, signed with the Stars played in the AHL and has been in Europe for 10 years. Crazy life and I’m glad I went out there to watch him play. Sorry for the OT comment but I figured you’d enjoy that story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad