Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The other one reached 1000.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=761663

Final Central Scouting

Notables (for us, not touching Crouse over Marner:laugh:) are Kylington being ranked 6 among international skaters and Meier probably being out of reach at 10 among NA skaters.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-suspenseful-race-for-no-3-1.249965

Craig's List

From mcpw:

Let's put an end to this.

Hockey Operations Guidelines

Relevant snippet:
Quote:
A composite of all Member Clubs shall be prepared by placing:
i) First the Clubs which failed to qualify for the preceding playoffs in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest points total and followed by the Club having the next lowest points total, and so forth.
ii) The Clubs which participated in the preceding playoffs (but had not been ranked first in their respective Divisions and had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iii) The Clubs which had been ranked first in their Divisions during the next preceding season (but had not won the Stanley Cup that season) in the order of points earned by each of them in the regular schedule of the preceding season starting with the Club having the lowest total points and followed by the Club having the next lowest total points, and so forth.
iv) The Stanley Cup winner shall select last, thus, positioning all Clubs on the list.
This means that the only draft-relevant playoff result is who wins the Stanley Cup. It also means that there are the following scenarios for the Jets' two first-round picks:

Cup winner WPG --> 26th (STL) and 30th (WPG)
Cup winner STL --> 17th (WPG) and 30th (STL)
Cup winner NYI --> 17th (WPG) and 30th (NYI)
Cup winner CGY or PIT --> 16th (WPG) and 26th (STL)
Cup winner NYR or ANA or MTL --> 17th (WPG) and 27th (STL)
Cup winner another team --> 17th (WPG) and 26th (STL)

Maybe a mod could copy this into the OP of this thread? Better than having the same debate over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

jetkarma*

Final Central Scouting

Notables (for us, not touching Crouse over Marner:laugh:) are Kylington being ranked 6 among international skaters and Meier probably being out of reach at 10 among NA skaters.

Craig's List

Why would that make Meier out of the reach for the Jets?

He may go before our pick but I don't think that is a given at all.

This will be very fluid as I have been saying and that mid first is really open I think .

We're going to be getting several really really good prospects .... I should say several MORE really really good prospects :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Final Central Scouting

Craig's List

The other one is still open...and not started by Romang... So it doesn't stink like swede so I think we'll just continue the party over there.

Kthnxbye.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Why would that make Meier out of the reach for the Jets?

He may go before our pick but I don't think that is a given at all.

This will be very fluid as I have been saying and that mid first is really open I think .

We're going to be getting several really really good prospects .... I should say several MORE really really good prospects :)

Me saying that he's out of reach is only based on that ranking. I don't think he'll go in the range of 10-12 that this ranking suggests. However, if he's actually ranked around there for most teams, I don't think we'll touch him with our first draft pick (currently #17 in the draft, may drop a bit).

I think we'll end up picking one of Meier, Harkins, Svechnikov, Connor, Konecny or Kylington with our first pick.

jetkarma*

Me saying that he's out of reach is only based on that ranking. I don't think he'll go in the range of 10-12 that this ranking suggests. However, if he's actually ranked around there for most teams, I don't think we'll touch him with our first draft pick (currently #17 in the draft, may drop a bit).

I think we'll end up picking one of Meier, Harkins, Svechnikov, Connor, Konecny or Kylington with our first pick.

I don't think Connor lasts anywhere near that long. He would be a fantastic pick for us if he did though I believe.

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
We are winning the First Round so we wont be drafting till the 20's with both picks. But Deep Quality draft and we quite possibly have the best, or one of the best Group of Scouts in the Entire League.

We will knock both our 1st round picks out of the park, just like we did with our first 4 years!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Hey...guys...Holden ruined my fun, so is it cool if I come back here.

I'm.sorry about the swede thing...

Just how I do...like see below.

We are winning the First Round so we wont be drafting till the 20's with both picks. But Deep Quality draft and we quite possibly have the best, or one of the best Group of Scouts in the Entire League.

We will knock both our 1st round picks out of the park, just like we did with our first 4 years!

Winning the first round won't effect the Jets pick.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg

I think they changed it so we need to get past the 2nd round to change our draft position after its set from the regular season.

Anyways I do think this provides another good look at just how good our scouting might be, seeing what we can get with later 1sts as opposed to top 10 picks. I agree though I have faith in our scouting that they'll get some great talent for us. :nod:

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
Oh! lol Well thanks for letting me know, its just like this new crossover rule that we would play winner of Van/Cal if we got and beat Anaheim. Didnt know that till yesterday as well.

Im such a Noob :( Thanks

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Oh! lol Well thanks for letting me know, its just like this new crossover rule that we would play winner of Van/Cal if we got and beat Anaheim. Didnt know that till yesterday as well.

Im such a Noob :( Thanks

Lol everyone is a noob at sometime. Welcome!

In fact it's always (at least since 05) been than results in first round don't matter. They have recently changed it that only the Cup winner effects draft position

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Quick Mock top 10

1. Buffalo - McDavid. No brainer here as the Sabres get a generational talent here and have a great 1/2 punch with McDavid/Reinhart for the future.

2. Yotes- Eichel. Yotes get a stud center to build around

3. Oilers-Hanifin. A bevy of high end forwards already, the Oilers will build the blueline around Hanifin/Kelfbom/Nurse for the future.

4. Leafs-Strome. Leafs need a number 1 center and will hope Strome can be that big number 1

5. Carolina-Provorov. I think the Canes would love to add a strong safe 2 way D man.

. Devils-Marner. I can't see Devils passing on Marners talent. Big time boom/bust prospect. They need him to boom

7. Cbus-Werenski. I think Cbus would love to build up that blue line to go with a future powerhouse forward group.

8. Flyers-Crouse. Lot of talent up front and lot of drafted D men lately. I think they take a complimentary player like Crouse who can play with really talented players and excel. Think Kevin Stevens

9. Colorado-Rantanen. Think the Avs will be disappointed that the top 3 D are gone by now. Maybe the move up or back but if not adding Big center/right wing in Rantanen wouldn't be bad at all.

10. Stars.-Zacha. Another team that would love a D man. Take the BPA and Zacha a prototypical Stars pick. Big,skilled and mean

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't think Connor lasts anywhere near that long. He would be a fantastic pick for us if he did though I believe.

I think he goes earlier as well, but with how close the players ranked outside of the top 10 are, I wouldn't be shocked if he drops somehow. Also, I'd be pretty happy if that happened.:laugh:

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
Regardless of my noobness, if we beat the Ducks i feel we could definetly beat the Flames or Canucks as well. And either way im excited for that draft, because im always disappointed with our draft pick when it happens, after the research i do on the picks each year i have an idea\hope who id like to get, and every year i was wrong.

And every year 12 months later im hearing how we nailed our pick, and then now you keep hearing of all these picks that we seem like we have scored on in the 3rd rounds and later, which from what my noob research has done is very very low success rate.

And this is the deepest draft since we got the team back. Damn exciting times, decided last nite with a friend, we are gonna go to the first 2 games in Anaheim next week. So pumped today!!! Im just beside myself.

jetkarma*

I think he goes earlier as well, but with how close the players ranked outside of the top 10 are, I wouldn't be shocked if he drops somehow. Also, I'd be pretty happy if that happened.:laugh:

Agreed , but I think he has a chance to go top ten , that is more likley than him lasting to our pick I think.

There's a player that isn't being mentioned much that could be in play for our first pick , isn't it great to be able to speculate on the draft while looking forward to playoff hockey? :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Agreed , but I think he has a chance to go top ten , that is more likley than him lasting to our pick I think.

There's a player that isn't being mentioned much that could be in play for our first pick , isn't it great to be able to speculate on the draft while looking forward to playoff hockey? :)

It's a new feeling... Last time I looked forward to playoff hockey, I can't say I paid that much attention to the draft.:laugh:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Just how I do...like see below.

Winning the first round won't effect the Jets pick.

Excellent point. Draft pick rankings for playoff teams has the first tier with non-division winners who lose in first two rounds...regardless if you lose in 1st or 2nd round.

St Louis winning the division has a bigger impact on the Jets first two draft picks than anything. Those darn Preds aren't winning enough games these days.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
There are a lot of guys I would like to see the Jets pick with our first 3 picks, and the fluctuations in rankings between services makes forecasting who could possibly be available next to impossible (but fun).

Can't wait to see Bob M's final rankings before the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig