GDT: 2015 NHL Draft Day Thread

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Yeah I remember being really upset we passed on Fabbri..... I wasn't against the Larkin pick because he's a local boy with speed, but I was definitely thinking Fabbri was the better pick :/ (and my dreams of becoming a scout died after the season when I was way wrong)
I love Larkin and would not trade him for Fabbri.....

But Fabbri returned from injury and played at a 100+ point pace as an 18 year old... he also had a nice stint in the AHL last year. He still looks like a great prospect in his own right.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Just gonna remind some of the couch scouts on here complaining that a lot of people complained about Larkin not having enough offense to be picked that early. Bertuzzi being picked almost made this website go down lol.

The wings are a great drafting team, they know what theyre doing so in 3 years when we can actually start to gauge these guys complain and say how bad the draft is.

I really see the light with Saarijarvi, Holway and Marsh.

Those guys have huge upside. Saarijarvi was overlooked because of his size, but has a boat load of talent, skill and skating. Holway was overlooked because of the level he played at last year, but appears to have all the tools, size and athleticism to develop long term. Marsh had a darn impressive rookie year for a guy coming over from the states with little fan fare. Central scouting seems to think we got a deal on him. Plays the game hard and seems like a Bertuzzi/Shaw type (if all things go right).

Mid round goalies are never going to get fanfare. It's disheartening whenever a goalie is picked, but I understand it has to be done. So I accept it. The only real eye roller for me is Pearson. So all together I like this draft.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh really... I call BS.

Why? That's the least of the need.

I don't know, there were quotes from the Wings brass mentioning a goalie they liked. Somebody even joked they said it to "throw other teams off the trail" but looks like they were sincere.

Aug 6, 2012
I hope that's not true. Unless you are starving for a goalie, I don't see why you would even think about drafting one before the third round. I'm pretty sure statistics show just how many good goalies are drafted later than the second round. It's even crazier when you have a capable starting goalie already and an elite young goalie waiting in the wings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad