NFL: 2015 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Way to develop, Browns!

Instead of starting him when it was crystal clear your season was over and seeing if he develop, you bench him for maturity issues (which is fair, but you're a rebuilding ****heap, see what he's got) and on the off chance he plays well, you now have a bunch of questions to answer come the offseason.

Is it any wonder why this team has had like 2 winning seasons since their return?

Edit: In non Lol Browns news, Tom Coughlin is apparently on the hot seat again. Guess it's been four years... :laugh:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Way to develop, Browns!

Instead of starting him when it was crystal clear your season was over and seeing if he develop, you bench him for maturity issues (which is fair, but you're a rebuilding ****heap, see what he's got) and on the off chance he plays well, you now have a bunch of questions to answer come the offseason.

Is it any wonder why this team has had like 2 winning seasons since their return?

Edit: In non Lol Browns news, Tom Coughlin is apparently on the hot seat again. Guess it's been four years... :laugh:

Super bowl incoming for the giants.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Way to develop, Browns!

I don't see how anyone can fault Browns for sitting him after antics he pulled

It would send rotten message thru locker room to reward that type of behavior. Infact from what I recall he isn't that well liked overall by teammates to begin with

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The dumpster fire known as Cary Williams has been cut by Seattle.

Jeff Fisher is also warning players in St. Louis that they're responsible for the changes occurring there today.- He says: I hope all the players took the news of Cignetti personally. They need to take some responsibility for him not being here anymore.

How is he still coach.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Jeff Fisher should have been fired 3 years ago. They keep adding prospects and promising growth as a team but the past 2 years, the Cardinals have done what the Rams have promised their fans for years

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
wasn't sure where to put this thought (and subsequent crazier thought) but here it is:

Obviously Newton wins MVP if the award was decided today, but do people think that perhaps Gronk has passed everybody else into 2nd place? The Pats have missed him for a game and a quarter and subsequently a previously undefeated team has A) Blown a lead and B) Lost to the Eagles- all while allowing Brady to take an absolute beating. Talk about demonstrating your value by not being able to play.

loony half-serious but not-serious idea: if the Pats and Panthers end up in the SB does Newton cover Gronk? Might be the only player in the league physically gifted enough to do it 1 on 1.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
wasn't sure where to put this thought (and subsequent crazier thought) but here it is:

Obviously Newton wins MVP if the award was decided today, but do people think that perhaps Gronk has passed everybody else into 2nd place? The Pats have missed him for a game and a quarter and subsequently a previously undefeated team has A) Blown a lead and B) Lost to the Eagles- all while allowing Brady to take an absolute beating. Talk about demonstrating your value by not being able to play.

loony half-serious but not-serious idea: if the Pats and Panthers end up in the SB does Newton cover Gronk? Might be the only player in the league physically gifted enough to do it 1 on 1.

I'd rather have Gronk be hurt than Brady be hurt. There is no tight end in the league that is more valuable than a starting QB. It's just the way the game is.

Also I don't see why Newton is an obvious pick for MVP just because he's having a good season and his teams record is good.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd rather have Gronk be hurt than Brady be hurt. There is no tight end in the league that is more valuable than a starting QB. It's just the way the game is.

Also I don't see why Newton is an obvious pick for MVP just because he's having a good season and his teams record is good.

It's what he's doing it with and how he's doing it, I think he'd be pretty close to a unanimous MVP if the season ended today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
DeMarco Murray got all pouty apparently after only getting 14 touches the other day and went to Jeffrey Lurie to discuss his role on the team.

You ain't in Dallas no more, 'cuz

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't see how anyone can fault Browns for sitting him after antics he pulled

It would send rotten message thru locker room to reward that type of behavior. Infact from what I recall he isn't that well liked overall by teammates to begin with

Then again, he's 23 and a celebrity, so he wasn't going to sit at home and read books during his week off. Didn't help that he lied, but I'm sure Justin Gilbert went clubbing during their bye but he isn't as famous os Johnny Football so nobody gave a crap.

Still riding Mcnair's Coattails (rip).

Now imagine if they made it over the line..........

P.S dont forgot Eddie George :handclap:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Romo says if he gets cleared he'll play again this year. Alright, Jason or Stephen because Jerry is to dumb to. Can somebody stop him from being dumb?!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
DeMarco Murray got all pouty apparently after only getting 14 touches the other day and went to Jeffrey Lurie to discuss his role on the team.

You ain't in Dallas no more, 'cuz

Don't understand the logic in paying that much money for him if they aren't going to use him.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not sure where else to put it so I put it here. ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 about the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's. Looks pretty good.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Not sure where else to put it so I put it here. ESPN is doing a 30 for 30 about the Buffalo Bills of the early 90's. Looks pretty good.

I've heard their doing one on the Texas National championship team. pretty excited. 30 for 30's are very good.

Anyone seen Trojan War? Haven't been able to see it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad