2015 Mock Draft Poll Series: Round 1, Pick 16

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Vote for the player you would recommend the Avs take if they were picking in this slot, given the players already taken previously in the series. Please assume nothing has changed from today's full roster, other than guys getting healthy, and contracts expiring. No re-signings, no trades, no waivers, no mutual agreements, etc. Over the course of the series, the known roster for next year may change, and subsequent picks can take the changes into account, but to make things easier, we should not assume anything, not even qualifying RFA's.

Please elaborate your reasons for a pick if you wish, and recommend players to be added to the poll. I think 10 for the first picks, and add 2 more after each pick until the poll has 20 options should work. If there are more than 2 tied for adds, I will add all to the next list, and short it the next time. Starting with the ISS top 6.

Each poll will be left up for 48 hours, until the second round, at which point it will be 24 hours. Third round (if there is still interest) will be 6 picks (6 threads) at a time, 24 hours each. Total, if we last that long, is 105 days to do 7 rounds. The real draft is 109 days away. This timing thing has pretty much gone out the window.... I will call them early if they are out of reach, or after 48 hours if they are close. Also, just noticed that you can allow multiple votes for polls, so thinking 2nd round polls will be top 2 voted out of 30, 3rd round top 3, 4th top 4, etc. If it allows 30 choices, and 24 hours each.

Results:
1. Connor McDavid ....... 40/42 votes.
2. Jack Eichel .............. 32/33
3. Noel Hanifin............. 39/45
4. Mitchell Marner......... 32/77
5. Lawson Crouse......... 30/50
6. Ivan Provorov........... 32/62
7. Dylan Strome .......... 31/51
8. Zach Werenski......... 31/49
9. Mikko Rantanen........ 27/32
10. Matthew Barzal....... 20/36
11. Pavel Zacha........... 13/36
12. Kyle Connor............10/33
13. Oliver Kylington.......8/28 (won "tie-breaker")
14. Timo Meier..............13/26
15. Yevgeni Svechnikov..13/36

I will be stealing names/info from EP, and switching it up which rankings list I get them from (I will state which list I use each time).

Added Thomas Novak and Zachary Senyshyn. Names, info and rankings from EP's ISS list.

Also added an other option for those folks that want to write in a name.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Travis Konecny has fallen enough.

He's small, but he's just better than the other players available in my opinion at this point.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I like Konecny and he's very talented but the 3-4 injuries this year are a bit concerning. Everyone is liable to get one, stuff happens but several makes you start to think.

I propose we go through at least to where our second round pick will be 39 or whatever. That pick intrigues me more than our first actually and would like to hear debate on that.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Yeah I like Konecny and he's very talented but the 3-4 injuries this year are a bit concerning. Everyone is liable to get one, stuff happens but several makes you start to think.

I propose we go through at least to where our second round pick will be 39 or whatever. That pick intrigues me more than our first actually and would like to hear debate on that.

Agreed. At this point it's pretty much a sure thing we get one of Crouse, Provorov, Werenski and Rantanen with our first I'd imagine, unless Roy and co are high on a guy like Kyle Connor (Absolutely love him). And no matter who they pick there between these guys, I'll be fine with it.

More interested in knowing what they want from their 2nd rounder. There'll have some very talented forwards and dmans available. That's a very legit prospect.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Went with the size queen pick with Bittner over Konecny because I have no clue especially at this point. It seems like Konecny is the prototypical Rick Pracey pick? Here's your chance Flyers! I'm sure Ottawa would love to add another 67.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Travis Konecny wins this one 14/26, new one up soon....new laptop working well so far. Crazy that 2 years later and I would have to pay the same price for a system that only just edges out my old one....as in each component is newer generation, but benchmarks the same. Only reasons it is cheaper is smaller screen, lower resolution, and no BluRay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad