2015 Matthew Wuest Memorial Cup (Traverse City Prospect Tournament) 9/11-9/15

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Travese City tourney roster announced

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=778147

The Blue Jackets’ rookie camp roster features 25 players, including 18 who were selected by the club via the NHL Draft. Leading the group will be two of the club’s first round picks in the last three NHL Drafts – 2014 first round pick Sonny Milano along with 2013 first round pick Kerby Rychel. Other drafted players participating in the tournament include: 2015 – Paul Bittner, Keegan Kolesar, Sam Ruopp Veeti Vainio; 2014 – Olivier LeBlanc, Julien Pelletier, Blake Siebenaler; 2013 – Oliver Bjorkstrand, Dillon Heatherington, Nick Moutrey, Peter Quenneville; 2012 – Josh Anderson, Joonas Korpisalo, Daniel Zaar; 2011 – T.J. Tynan, Anton Forsberg.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
What makes in our roster player who will next season in European club? Veeti Vainio, i mean. I don't remember it has happened in previous years and always thought that players from NKAA and from European clubs don't play in Traverse City.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego

Forward group is very good. Defense is missing werenski, collins, carlsson, gavrikov... But is still decent.

I wonder if we will see Bjorkstrand slide over to center, as we seem a little thin there. Outside of Tynan and Quenneville, I'm not sure what forwards have played center recently besides Bjorkstrand.

Bittner - Bjorkstrand - Milano
Rychel - Tynan - Anderson
Moutrey - Salituro - Zaar
Sherwood - Quenneville - Kolesar
Pelletier, Isackson

Heatherington - Paliotta
Kukan - Siebenaler
Leblanc - Ruopp
Vainio, Crawley

Forsberg
Korpisalo

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
What makes in our roster player who will next season in European club? Veeti Vainio, i mean. I don't remember it has happened in previous years and always thought that players from NKAA and from European clubs don't play in Traverse City.

Vainio was apparently seventh defender for Espoon Blues in their latest practise game so it could be possible.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Vainio was apparently seventh defender for Espoon Blues in their latest practise game so it could be possible.
Thanks for info. But i still don't understand logic in flight Vainio to another continent for a few days when him team begin the season.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Anyone know if there will be any radio or TV feeds?
I don't know for sure, but think the chances 0,001%, even at our game vs rags. The same thing happened last year, i can remember was the highlight of the game vs Blues, that is all.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks for info. But i still don't understand logic in flight Vainio to another continent for a few days when him team begin the season.

They want to see him and he wants to be seen. No idea why this remotely concerns you.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
They want to see him and he wants to be seen. No idea why this remotely concerns you.
Probably not only i wonder why.

CBJ Prospects@CBJProspects
@lfoxcbus never had a European that's going
to play in Europe as far as I know come over to
play

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
So that's great. Apparently this is the first time when player from European club coming to prospects tournament, for Blue Jackets at least.

I think it is perfectly reasonable if and as Vainio's role at the Blues of Espoo is rather insignificant at the moment.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
A preview of the tourney on THW contained this note:

"Something that might happen though is the use of periscope. Although this hasn’t been confirmed officially by any teams yet, sources have mentioned that if possible, teams might try to periscope the games for fans to watch. Stay tuned for any updates on this as it becomes available."

OK, what the hell does that mean?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
A preview of the tourney on THW contained this note:

"Something that might happen though is the use of periscope. Although this hasn’t been confirmed officially by any teams yet, sources have mentioned that if possible, teams might try to periscope the games for fans to watch. Stay tuned for any updates on this as it becomes available."

OK, what the hell does that mean?

New video streaming social media app.

https://www.periscope.tv/about

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I think it is perfectly reasonable if and as Vainio's role at the Blues of Espoo is rather insignificant at the moment.
Absolutely correct. It is better for the development of Vainio to play in the tournament than sitting in press box at the Espoo games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad