Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Between Dermott and Harrington for me. Then Leipsic, Leivo, Bibeau and Valiev.

Voted Dermott.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I voted Leipsic.

Judging by the votes he won't actually win for another 3 rounds. Harrington, Dermott, and Bracco are very nice looking prospects as well.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Harrington, Leipsic, Loov, Bibeau, Valiev and Dermott next up for me, in undefined order.
Looks like none will beat Bracco here though...

One of the signed prospects like Hyman or Soshikov may end up embarrassing our list in the end though...

Last edited:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Leivo. Big body goal scorer, he had a injury riddled season but he made the team off camp.

Short term memory in effect here. Everyone voting for the shiny new toy.

Fact of the matter is 90% of these 5'9 midgets aint gonna make the NHL

mikebel111*

Leivo. Big body goal scorer, he had a injury riddled season but he made the team off camp.

Short term memory in effect here. Everyone voting for the shiny new toy.

Fact of the matter is 90% of these 5'9 midgets aint gonna make the NHL

Kane is suffering from a big injury that will cost him his career heading in the footsteps of MSL, oh wait...

your last sentence lol

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kane is suffering from a big injury that will cost him his career heading in the footsteps of MSL, oh wait...

your last sentence lol

For every Kane, there are thousands of guys that dont make it. You guys act like every 5`9 idiot we draft is Kane.

They dont have a fraction of the skill, their size is the only thing in common.

Its the equivalent of comparing Schenn to Pronger.

mikebel111*

For every Kane, there are thousands of guys that dont make it. You guys act like every 5`9 idiot we draft is Kane.

They dont have a fraction of the skill, their size is the only thing in common.

Its the equivalent of comparing Schenn to Pronger.

what the heck? So your calling our small players idiots? tells me all I need to know

size doesn't matter, looks like management agrees

huge disaster avoided by going going small and skilled, not big and terrible skill level

you act like every big "dumb player" we draft will be elite

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
what the heck? So your calling our small players idiots? tells me all I need to know

huge disaster avoided by going going small and skilled, not big and terrible skill level

Look at Canada's junior team for a couple years. Every year we lost, management went after bigger, more "experienced" guys. Where did that get us? Nowhere.

How do you leave the CHL's top goalscorer off a team (Connor Brown)? It makes absolutely no sense at all. Unless all management was looking for was size and experience.

Taking the bigger, more "experienced," but less skilled guys cost us gold for 5 years. Especially if you factor in the bigger ice, we need as many skilled guys as possible to take advantage of that factor.

Moral of the story? Take the best skilled player available. If they're bigger, that's a plus, but smaller ones can still grow being age 18.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Lol at Bracco winning. Bunch of stat watchers we have here nothing more. The same disease that plagues people into thinking Kessel is a good player.

The correct answer is Harrington. In fact, he should of went top 5.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010

When did I say big players are elite? You making up **** bro.

Fact: Most 5'9 players will never sniff the NHL. Dont believe me? Check on NHL.com how many players 5'10 under are in the league.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Fact: Most 5'9 players will never sniff the NHL. Dont believe me? Check on NHL.com how many players 5'10 under are in the league.

How many 5'9 and under players are on our prospect list?

Bracco and Leipsic?

You make it sound like half the team are that tiny.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario

Though more small players are making it as of recent, and for some not in small roles.

The NHL has been changing in terms of size. I wouldn't be surprised to see more small players make it in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad