Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #24

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%
11. Scott Harrington -- 65.07%
12. Victor Loov -- 46.67%
13. Josh Leivo -- 36.84%
14. Rinat Valiev -- 40.94%
15. Antoine Bibeau -- 31.49%
16. Matt Finn -- 45.73%
17. Petter Granberg -- 19.59%
18. Nikita Soshnikov --19.05%
19. Carter Verhaeghe -- 21.57%
20. Martins Dzierkals -- 25.18%
21. Dmytro Timashov -- 22.15%
22. Sam Carrick -- 24.46%
23. Jesper Lindgren -- 25.40%

Dakota Joshua
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Casey Bailey
Garrett Sparks
Stephan Desrocher
Dominic Toninato
Ryan Rupert
Nolan Vesey
Nikita Korostelev
Tom Nilsson
Andrew Nielson
Pierre Engvall
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Tony Cameranesi
Cody Donaghey
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21
Prospect Ranking #22
Prospect Ranking #23

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
While I have never watched Hyman play, obviously; I find it a slightly exaggerated point when people say that his production is solely due to Larkin.

1) Hyman outproduced Larkin
2) Whoever was the third player on their line didn't get many points (unless if their linemate was always rotated)

Of course, that's not to say he's some great prospect; he's 23

ocrighton

Oct 23, 2008
Korostolev. Was 9th overall in OHL draft and supposed to go a lot higher in NHL draft. Voted second best shot in the Western Conference in the OHL coaches poll. Put up a better/similar ppg to Zacha on the same team and was a plus player. Top six or bust.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Bailey.

Uses his size on the forecheck & then getting to the holes for his exceptional shot. Played on a team not noted for the high end talent, yet still produced among the highest in NCAA.

Would like to see him with guys like Marner, Kadri, Nylander or how about Timashov feeding him the puck.

But what has scouts clamoring to get glimpses of Bailey is his shot and how he shoots the puck. He’s developed one of the hardest shots in college hockey. Bailey uses his tremendous lower body strength to get into and add velocity to his shots. Furthermore, he shoots with remarkable accuracy. While Bailey’s shots may not always end up in the net, it’s not often that they the miss the net entirely.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Too many votes for Hyman. I'm not conviced when a player scores more points in his last year of NCAA play than his previous three years combined.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed in him with current expectations.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Korostolev is the only right answer.

Had such a great start to the year he was projected by some to go first round in this deep draft.

Can only think his play tailing off + nagging injury + slipping to the 7th = perceived bottom end of our prospect pool.

He's a guy that, at this time next year, could actually be in our top ten. Hope he corrects his skating/defence issues and stays healthy....he sure has the tools to jump over half the guys voted in front of him.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Too many votes for Hyman. I'm not conviced when a player scores more points in his last year of NCAA play than his previous three years combined.

A lot of people are going to be disappointed in him with current expectations.

I voted for Hyman. I dont have high expectations for him. He is being voted as the 24th best prospect.

I see him exploding in his 4th year as a good sign. It means he is a late-bloomer and is still improving.

If you have any expectations for the 24th best prospect then you should temper your expectations.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Not a believer in Lindgren too. Nilsson and Nielsen should have been voted before him.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Feeling like Andrew Nielsen is being tagged with the 'low upside' assumption here ... he was picked 4 spots behind Bracco. I don't know much about him, and i haven't been voting for him. Just thinking that in a couple years he might make us all look a bit stupid. I doubt that Hunter and company just decided to make a random safe pick between all those home run picks. Maybe in their eyes he IS another home run pick.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Not a believer in Lindgren too. Nilsson and Nielsen should have been voted before him.

i disagree, maybe nilsson, just maybe. but on another note i voted korostelev, I think he is the best option here
my following are bailey and hyman :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad