Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%
11. Scott Harrington -- 65.07%
12. Victor Loov -- 46.67%
13. Josh Leivo -- 36.84%
14. Rinat Valiev -- 40.94%
15. Antoine Bibeau -- 31.49%
16. Matt Finn -- 45.73%
17. Petter Granberg -- 19.59%
18. Nikita Soshnikov --19.05%
19. Carter Verhaeghe -- 21.57%
20. Martins Dzierkals -- 25.18%
21. Dmytro Timashov -- 22.15%

Dakota Joshua
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Casey Bailey
Garrett Sparks
Stephan Desrocher
Dominic Toninato
Ryan Rupert
Nolan Vesey
Nikita Korostelev
Tom Nilsson
Sam Carrick
Andrew Nielson
Pierre Engvall
Jesper Lindgren
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Tony Cameranesi
Cody Donaghey
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21

Suggest who I should add next. :D

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
This has to be Zach Hyman.

Most underrated prospect we have. He belongs in the 8-12 range.

Not only did he put up some superb numbers last season , he did it playing against men.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Not only did he put up some superb numbers last season , he did it playing against men.

But he had atrocious numbers before then. We are talking about borderline ECHLer numbers. It's obvious that playing with Larkin and Werenski among others had a huge influence upon his numbers.

He had more points in his senior season than all three previous seasons combined, and that was in 1/3 of the games. Nobody just turns on a switch and does that. I would not be surprised to see Hyman suck if he's not with someone like Nylander. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him become a future contract dump. I may be underrating him, but I don't even have him in my top 30. He has a lot to prove, because as of right now, having one good season is not going to make up for 3 awful ones.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Jesper Lindgren getting no love. Same as Korostelev. Voted Lindgren though.

Korostelev would have definitely been in the top 30 if he wasn't injured or if it wasn't so deep. Now, he may just lose because of things out of his hands. He'll be top 30 or even top 20 next year though.

Lindgren should have been taken by now though. I've been voting for him since Finn or Bibeau.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Timashov should be top 12 or so with that great article imo
Other wise this whole thing is kind of invalid
Most of us didn't know he was that good
But then again this list will change drastically by next summer

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario

Uhh, no.

I've said many times, he was among the older players on a nightly basis.

On top of that, he never had great numbers until that season. I personally don't think he's gonna amount to much at all.

Last edited:

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
What poor timing for Carrick. :laugh: When it looks like he's finally gonna win one a propaganda piece on Timashov allows him to narrowly beat Sam.

you don't have to be like that just because others think players like lingren timashov or korostelev have more potential upside. I like carrick but I can't really have him above some of the prospects we still have

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Not even close, maybe in the 30 range. To be honest, I think he is being over-rated on here, not underrated. It was rumoured they were demanding a guaranteed spot on the Panthers & Florida had no interest in his demands or to sign him. I can't imagine Babcock or the Leafs management buying into that. I think the Florida fans could care less for him.

With future star Dylan Larkin, Hyman had 54 points. 3 previous years without Larkin.

9 points
9 points
17 points

NCAA career point production

Bozak 0.95 pts/gm
Bailey 0.84 pts/gm
Frattin 0.78 pts/gm
Hyman 0.59 pts/gm

Hyman played on a loaded Michigan team, by contrast Bailey played on a team of no-names. If Bozak & Bailey didn't leave the NCAA prior to their 4th year their points per game would be even greater. Frattin had 36 goals & 60 points in his 4th year.

I hope his 4th years stats are indicative of the player we have, but I'm not too optimistic.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
you don't have to be like that just because others think players like lingren timashov or korostelev have more potential upside. I like carrick but I can't really have him above some of the prospects we still have

Oh I don't really care one way or the other. I just found the situation amusing.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lindgren

Bailey, Nielsen, or Desrocher is next for me.

But Donaghey should get some love. His ACL & MCL injury last season really put him under the radar. I think he's got a chance to break our top 20 next season easy.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
Voted Lindgren.

From the remaining, I have them like this:
Lindgren, Carrick, Bailey, Engvall, Gibson, Korostelev, Toninato, Sparks, Nielsen, Donaghey, Hyman.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
But he had atrocious numbers before then. We are talking about borderline ECHLer numbers. It's obvious that playing with Larkin and Werenski among others had a huge influence upon his numbers.

He had more points in his senior season than all three previous seasons combined, and that was in 1/3 of the games. Nobody just turns on a switch and does that. I would not be surprised to see Hyman suck if he's not with someone like Nylander. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him become a future contract dump. I may be underrating him, but I don't even have him in my top 30. He has a lot to prove, because as of right now, having one good season is not going to make up for 3 awful ones.

Uhh, no.

I've said many times, he was among the older players on a nightly basis.

On top of that, he never had great numbers until that season. I personally don't think he's gonna amount to much at all.

He's 23, his life is basically behind him

Not even close, maybe in the 30 range. To be honest, I think he is being over-rated on here, not underrated. It was rumoured they were demanding a guaranteed spot on the Panthers & Florida had no interest in his demands or to sign him. I can't imagine Babcock or the Leafs management buying into that. I think the Florida fans could care less for him.

With future star Dylan Larkin, Hyman had 54 points. 3 previous years without Larkin.

9 points
9 points
17 points

Bozak 0.95 pts/gm
Bailey 0.84 pts/gm
Frattin 0.78 pts/gm
Hyman 0.59 pts/gm

Hyman played on a loaded Michigan team, by contrast Bailey played on a team of no-names. If Bozak & Bailey didn't leave the NCAA prior to their 4th year their points per game would be even greater. Frattin had 36 goals & 60 points in his 4th year.

I hope his 4th years stats are indicative of the player we have, but I'm not too optimistic.

Who cares what he did before , last season he was great. This is called progression.

He actually had better numbers that Larkin. Even if it's like you said and it's because he played with good players , well he's obviously a great complimentary player.

Hey , maybe I'm totally wrong but give credit when credit is due and stop making excuses.

I bet all of you combined have watched less of him than I have.

I love all these "scouts" who never watch a prospect beat them down!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm all for the new shiny toys, and I like those new players, but Toninato and Nilsson right now are completely getting overlooked.

Been voting for Toninato for like... 8-9 straight votes. :laugh:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Wow Timashov really made a comeback last time, Carrick was leading handily last time I checked. That article did wonders lol.

Lindgren again.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

9 points
9 points
17 points

Bozak 0.95 pts/gm
Bailey 0.84 pts/gm
Frattin 0.78 pts/gm
Hyman 0.59 pts/gm

Hyman has all of the signs of an NCAA grad who could struggle to earn an AHL spot let alone an NHL one. IMO his skating isn't good enough to be a significant pro although he seems to have pro strength.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS

Wow, got curious and looked up his stats. He tripled his numbers since he previous year, pretty impressive for sure. He is aging though and will be 23 this season. Maybe time to get some ice with the big club and try him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad