Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%
11. Scott Harrington -- 65.07%
12. Victor Loov -- 46.67%
13. Josh Leivo -- 36.84%
14. Rinat Valiev -- 40.94%
15. Antoine Bibeau -- 31.49%
16. Matt Finn -- 45.73%
17. Petter Granberg -- 19.59%
18. Nikita Soshnikov --19.05%
19. Carter Verhaeghe -- 21.57%

Dymtro Timashov
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Casey Bailey
Garrett Sparks
Martin Dzierkals
Dominic Toninato
Ryan Rupert
Nolan Vesey
Nikita Korostelev
Tom Nilsson
Sam Carrick
Andrew Nielson
Pierre Engvall
Jesper Lindgren

Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Tony Cameranesi
Dakota Joshua
Cody Donaghey
Stephan Desrocher
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
gotta go with Martin here, hes the epitome of a boom bust prospect

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Went with Gibson here. Imo he has the potential to be a (lower end) starting goalie in the NHL, and I value that more than a 2nd line winger or a #3/4 dman. While a prospect still left might surprise, I don't see anyone who still has top line/top pair potential.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Dzierkals... Been voting for him for the last couple polls.

Give me the potential top 6er over the safe bet 4th liner anyday. Carrick isn't anything special.

Timashov, Korostolev, Lindgren, Bailey, and a couple others should be over him.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Voted Dzierkals here.

It's Martins though. Since it looks like he might go here, we should make sure we spell his name right.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I'm going to be in the minority here but we haven't SEEN what Dzierkals can do, in fact very few actually have. So because of that, I think he should be buried on the poll.

And honestly, I want it like that. I want him to have such little hype and expectations that if/when he booms that everyone will be amazed at how deep our team really is in prospects.

But I guess 20 is late enough.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Nilsson. Very underrated. Better than Granberg IMO.

Agreed. Not even close frankly...

I'm voting Martin Dzierkals here because well, i had him several polls ago (yes, despite having not seen him play i would slot him around #15 at this time, and yadda yadda. Guys got to go somewhere) and people are voting for him in earnest this time so i want to be sure he wins this one.

Moonman

Maybe Next Time
Jul 3, 2015
Nobody knows anything about Dzerkials, and Carrick has already put up decent pro numbers.

Shiny Syndrome.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Love the amount of skill we still have left at this point. Crazy thing is I don't expect we'll see many from the list graduating this year, at least not the high potential ones. Another draft in the bank a year from now and we'll be in phenomenal shape.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
While it may be true that we don't know much about Dzierkals, the management obviously did.

But lets look at what we do know. Putting up great numbers in the U-18's finishing in the top 10 in scoring on an I guess you can say, sub-par Latvian team. Great year in the KHL's development league.

Dubas said his name was buzzing so they had to pick him there. Obviously management see some big potential in this kid.

This isn't shiny syndrome. I like Carrick, but I'll take the potential over someone who won't be anything more than a possible 3rd liner, if that.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
How has Jesper Lindgren not been taken yet? He has better potential than Sami Vatanen, and Vatanen played upper tier 2nd pairing minutes.

If he bulks up, he definitely is a top 4, if not a top pairing defenseman. He's got everything except that top notch strength and bulk. If he does, all of his weaknesses will be solved; and even the problems he has right now are not glaring.

I know Lindgren was taken 4th round, but he was a mid-late 2nd or early 3rd round projection. For a good part of the season, he was a 1st rounder, and the reason for his drop was not because he did poorly.

I honestly thought he'd go top 15, or at least around where Finn was taken. He's better than Granberg, Soshnikov and Verhaeghe that's for sure. I'm also surprised Nilsson hasn't been taken yet, but maybe like Granberg, he needs to show offensive production that matches his defensive production to truly rise up the rankings. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nilsson in the Loov range or higher. I'm also surprised Desrocher isn't even on the ballot yet when he was arguably Oshawa's best defenseman last year. I get that our pool is a lot deeper now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that guys whom are potential top 6 tweeners are beating out a legitimate top pairing/4 potential defenseman.

Last edited:

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
How has Jesper Lindgren not been taken yet? He has better potential than Sami Vatanen, and Vatanen played upper tier 2nd pairing minutes.

If he bulks up, he definitely is a top 4, if not a top pairing defenseman. He's got everything except that top notch strength and bulk. If he does, all of his weaknesses will be solved; and even the problems he has right now are not glaring.

I know Lindgren was taken 4th round, but he was a mid-late 2nd or early 3rd round projection. For a good part of the season, he was a 1st rounder, and the reason for his drop was not because he did poorly.

I honestly thought he'd go top 15, or at least around where Finn was taken. He's better than Granberg, Soshnikov and Verhaeghe that's for sure. I'm also surprised Nilsson hasn't been taken yet, but maybe like Granberg, he needs to show offensive production that matches his defensive production to truly rise up the rankings. If he does, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nilsson in the Loov range or higher. I'm also surprised Desrocher isn't even on the ballot yet when he was arguably Oshawa's best defenseman last year.

Lindgren and Nielsen should go within the next few.

But I agree. He put up almost the same numbers as Erik Karlsson did in his draft year. He could definitely be a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad