Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%
11. Scott Harrington -- 65.07%
12. Victor Loov -- 46.67%
13. Josh Leivo -- 36.84%

Dymtro Timashov
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Antoine Bibeau
Matt Finn
Martin Dzierkals
Dominic Toninato
Carter Verhaeghe
Nolan Vesey
Nikita Korostelev
Rinat Valiev
Sam Carrick
Petter Granberg
Nikita Soshnikov
Jesper Lindgren

Garret Sparks
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Casey Bailey
Pierre Engvall
Tony Cameranesi
Dakota Joshua
Ryan Rupert
Tom Nilsson
Cody Donaghey
Stephan Desrocher
Andrew Nielson
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Accidentally tapped Vesey when submitting vote, I've been saying Valiev for the previous 2

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
No love for Finn I see,

From 2nd to not even top 15...... guess this a what have u done for me lately board, remember he was one of the top defenceman in the ohl when he left.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
No love for Finn I see,

From 2nd to not even top 15...... guess this a what have u done for me lately board, remember he was one of the top defenceman in the ohl when he left.

Not that Finn can't come back or anything but ranking prospects has quite a bit of "what have you done for me lately" because you are projecting what they will become and how they face obstacles.

Its been 2 full season (3?) since his draft and he stumbled in his 1st pro year. It doesn't mean that he is a bust but at this point his has to climb himself back into contention.

A lot of these top 15 guys have had similar junior careers to Finns so far but haven't stumbled in the AHL yet. Not unfair to rank according to that.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I like Finn here. Deserves a chance to show last year was a growing pain and not the new normal.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
No love for Finn I see,

With the kind of depth we have right now, cracking our top-20 is no slight.

Beyond that, it's not just Finn's season that affects his ranking here, every other player's seasons affect it just as much. His rough season mixed with a couple of really good years from other prospects can lead to a pretty big drop.

But again, we have a lot of prospects to like right now, beyond the top-5 or so it's all a crap-shoot. Plenty of people really like Finn, I definitely still have high hopes, they just like other players better right now.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Just for comparison, our prospect list from last year from nhl.com was

1 Nylander
2 Percy
3 Gauthier
4 Brown
5 Finn
6 Johnson
7 Loov
8 Leivo
9 Bibeau
10 Nilsson

5 of the top ten from last year have been changed, mostly not because of what they did wrong, but because of the depth new management has brought in

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
serious under rating of soshnikov who is putting up great numbers in europe. I know I haven't seen him much but I just have high hopes for the russian players we have in the system(its been so long). He is also a bit older and thus probably closer to the nhl than many people think. Guys like bailey, hyman, and soshnikov are probably greater prosepects at this point than others like lindgren, timashov, and korostelev(even though they may become better prospects)

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Chose Toninato. I was able to see him play 4 or 5 times this year and was very impressed.

I think he projects to be a 2nd line centreman in the NHL.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Bibeau

Morrison had him in the top-5 before this past draft, and it is plain to see he has a #1 NHL goalie ceiling. Although he may never reach it, the fact remains he COULD. If he doesn't it will be his consistency that holds him back, not the pure talent. I'd love to have a #2 or backup option who has the ability to post a 40 save shut-out on a good night, or emergency situation.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
It is between Rinat and Finn here. I went Rinat though. Both players put up very similar numbers in the 19 y/o season, and both were strong defensively in junior. Finn's first pro year was a little concerning though, but I am not ready to write off a guy who was one of our top prospects 1 year ago.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Add sparks, remember when people were saying he'll be a #1G... He's done nothing but good things since turning pro.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
No love for Finn I see,

I like Finn about the same as I like Valiev (who I voted for here), Granberg, and Loov. Just because e's not someone's first choice for the spot doesn't mean they don't like him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad