Post-Game Talk: 2015 IIHF World Junior Championship

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Fucale isn't very good. Bowey isn't very good.

C'mon boys. I don't care who plays I just don't want to lose to the Russians again.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Petan and McDavid were robbed. Horrible 3 star selection for Canada.

Really:

Nurse, Domi and Rheinert.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I have no real thoughts about the outcome, but I am glad to see gold finally back in Canada's hands again. Morrissey and Petan had remarkable tournaments. Would have loved to see Comrie have more of the net, but Fucale played rather well outside of this game.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Nurse was immense in that 3rd. I love Morrissey but Nurse was a tower of power that period, the most important period of the tourney for Canada

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Now I truly understand Romang and #winz

Seriously, "Fucale has now won at every level."

Well the team kind of needs to score 5 ****ing goals to do that but whatever.

Derfel*

Now I truly understand Romang and #winz

Seriously, "Fucale has now won at every level."

Well the team kind of needs to score 5 ****ing goals to do that but whatever.

Agreed - he wasn't great, but then again the Russians were very good on those goals.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Good tournament overall for all our prospects.

All the Canadians were lights out (Comrie was great when he played) and Ehlers was pretty much 1/3 of Team Denmark.

I didn't get to see the other two too much but I've heard good things

And Go Canada Go!

Derfel*

They must have mentioned the "Jets picks" at least 40 times this tournament on TSN.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Canada won and now I can relax!

41kQG3QZo0L.jpg

Derfel*

That Slovakian goalie (Godla) needs a nice fat NA entry contract, to then play really well in the AHL, and then get smoked in his first few seasons in the NHL before heading back to Europe to retire.

Derfel*

Proud of the boys... but Comrie should have started the third.

Initially I thought the same thing... but I wouldn't say Fucale was playing poorly overall, and switching between periods is not usually a good idea, especially with young players. You put Comrie in cold, and it doesn't necessarily turn out well for anyone except ex-communists.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Initially I thought the same thing... but I wouldn't say Fucale was playing poorly overall, and switching between periods is not usually a good idea, especially with young players. You put Comrie in cold, and it doesn't necessarily turn out well for anyone except ex-communists.

Exactly, and if Comrie lets in 1 goal he looks bad because he let in the tying goal and then fingers start to be pointed.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg

I'm just happy they won, it's been painful these last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad