Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #22

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2015 voting

1. Nikita Scherbak, RW, Everett Silvertips (75% of the vote).
2. Mike McCarron, RW/C, Oshawa Generals (72.39%).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C, Montreal Canadiens (35.77%).
4. Charles Hudon, C/LW, Hamilton Bulldogs (43.06%)
5. Noah Juulsen, D, Everett Silvertips. (53.42%)
6. Jarred Tinordi, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (62.50%)
7. Sven Andrighetto, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs (29.37%)
8. Zachary Fucale, G, Quebec Remparts. (41.94%)
9. Martin Reway, LW, HC Sparta Praha (41.78%)
10. Artturi Lehkonen, LW, Frolunda (34.01%)
11. Lukas Vejdemo, C, Djurgardens (34.53%)
12. Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (32.46%)
13. Brett Lernout, D, Swift Current Broncos. (56.76%)
14. Daniel Carr, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs. (39.80%)
15. Mike Condon, G, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.84%)
16. Magnus Nygren, D, Farjestads. (30.16%)
17. Darren Dietz, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (53.57%)
18. Tim Bozon, LW, Kootenay Ice. (38.38%)
19. Christian Thomas, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs. (39.58%)
20. Daniel Audette, C, Sherbrooke Phoenix. (21.43%)
21. Mark MacMillan, LW, University of North Dakota. (25.00%)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
LOL at DLR being below McCarron despite DLR already playing a significant role on the big club.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
At this point, with who's left on the board? Give me Bourque.

Really interested to see what he does this year, in Rimouski. With Morin (Phantoms, AHL) and Kostalek (Moose, AHL) both graduating, it should mean Bourque gets played on the the top pair, and play tons of minutes and all situations. For this who are able to catch QMJHL on a regular basis, it should be a fun year to track Bourque's progress.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Connor Crisp...what the ****!!
(he should have been chosen a long time ago...solid 3rd line potential/UPside).

Hudon was thrown under the bus many many times by impatient Hab fans (when he was injured often...now look at how many Hab fans came out to praise him since he's been healthy...like they never threw him under the bus).

Crisp:
warrior 3rd line potential with some 2nd line ice-time (here and there, in case of injuries). Or else, at worst...solid solid big/tall 4th line playoff warrior.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I didn't know these polls go past 20.

With so many prospects, a top 30 seems like a good idea.

LOL at DLR being below McCarron despite DLR already playing a significant role on the big club.

I don't see what's funny about McCarron being ranked higher, it shouldn't be a race to the NHL. When they are in their primes, McCarron might end up having a much bigger impact on the Habs then DLR.

Connor Crisp...what the ****!!
(he should have been chosen a long time ago...solid 3rd line potential/UPside).

Just like Thrower, Crisp missed half the season to injury and that's going to cause most prospects to drop. Next year will be very telling for both now that they are healthy and hopefully they stay that way since we are talking about 2 top 100 draft picks. In the games I saw, Crisp needs to work on his speed/skating but if he does perhaps he will be something for us down the road.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Top 20 that doesn't even have Crisp or Addison in it.

Have we ever had this kind of depth?

We lack top end talent, but I guess that's the best depth we ever had.

Doesn't come close to 2007 top end, when we had Patch, McDonagh, Price, Grabovski, Halak and Subban in the system.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Scary but true...
Non development could theoretically quash the entire list.
How surefire are our surefire prospects?

Fortunately we have things in hand at all levels.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
For me, it's Thrower 'till he gets in, though with the understanding again that this season is a make-or-break season. Like, if he isn't a regular Top-4 guy in the AHL at the end of the season, or if he isn't cutting his teeth at forward, he'll fall next season, probably even more than he did for this one.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We lack top end talent, but I guess that's the best depth we ever had.

Doesn't come close to 2007 top end, when we had Patch, McDonagh, Price, Grabovski, Halak and Subban in the system.

yeah but there's teams who've been drafting near the bottom for years who don't/didn't have talent like that.

I think our top prospects are really solid and have spectacular potential.

I think the quality of the depth is definitely noteworthy.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised in a couple years and beyond.

I think I think I think I think I think *walks into wall*

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I'm sure most years in the off-season we think our prospect pool looks better then previous seasons. The one problem we ran into was over the 3 year span of '08-'10 where we had only 18 picks but only 2 in the top 55. That's rough for a 3 year period and is going to make your prospect pool look weak. When you have one of the top scouts in the NHL though, it's a safe bet to think this year is the deeper year then most.

After the '05 draft we had Price, Halak, Danis (who was named one of the top 3 players in the NCAA), The Kostitsyn's, Pleks, Hainsey, Hossa, Perezhogin, Higgins, Chipchura, Emelin, Lappy, O'B, Lats, Milroy, Locke, Korneev (who was good in Russia), etc... So at the time I'm sure fans were excited about how deep the prospect pool was. Time will tell where today's group ranks compared to previous years.

For me, it's Thrower 'till he gets in, though with the understanding again that this season is a make-or-break season. Like, if he isn't a regular Top-4 guy in the AHL at the end of the season, or if he isn't cutting his teeth at forward, he'll fall next season, probably even more than he did for this one.

It will be interesting to see what kind of season Thrower has, to me last year was a write off so this year is more like his first pro season so as long as he shows progress I'll be happy as he should get a couple years in the AHL/ECHL to show what he can do. If he continues to progress then good for us, if not then someone else will hopefully step up.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
With so many prospects...

...Just like Thrower, Crisp missed half the season to injury and that's going to cause most prospects to drop. Next year will be very telling for both now that they are healthy and hopefully they stay that way since we are talking about 2 top 100 draft picks. In the games I saw, Crisp needs to work on his speed/skating but if he does perhaps he will be something for us down the road.

Yup...totally understand how a player drops in ranking/value for some Hab fans, but (for example) I never saw Hudon's value drop when he was often injured (I was a bit concerned, of course, with the injuries). It just became a patient waiting game for better luck and health, and hoping all those injuries wouldn't affect his development time/progress.

Crisp:
from everything I know about him...I'd still rank him in the top 15 (especially if Nygren and Reway stay in Europe).

Yup, definitely a good thing!:handclap: (not that I'm that familiar, yet, with Addison). We definitely have quantity (lots of it!!), but quality is more top 8-10 VS our top 20, imo, but time will tell...I hope (of course) it will be all quality AND quantity!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad