Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #18

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Voted MacMillan. I think Bozon is unlikely to ever make the NHL. He can't create his own opportunities and aside from having good finishing abilities, is not complete enough to make the NHL.

I know Timmins is high on MacMillan, and thats good enough for me.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I probably missed the reasoning, but why isn't Didier up there? Is it because he's on an AHL Contract?

yes, while we still own his NHL rights for another month, once we lose his NHL rights he's free to sign with any team so better to not count him. If he plays well and signs an NHL deal we can always add him to the prospect polls then.

Voted MacMillan. I think Bozon is unlikely to ever make the NHL. He can't create his own opportunities and aside from having good finishing abilities, is not complete enough to make the NHL.

I know Timmins is high on MacMillan, and thats good enough for me.

MacMillan is an interesting guy, can do most things well but we'll see how his lack of size and strength will impact him at the higher level.

It's hard to know if Bozon will ever play in the NHL or not. He's got the shot but he needs to show he can produce at the pro level so we'll see how it goes for him next season. I went with him here since he can snipe it and he impressed me in his 1 AHL game.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I didn't follow him much but what's the story with Thrower? Weren't we high on him at the draft? I know he played in the ECHL and his stats don't look great but did he pretty much bust or was it just a bad year?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I didn't follow him much but what's the story with Thrower? Weren't we high on him at the draft? I know he played in the ECHL and his stats don't look great but did he pretty much bust or was it just a bad year?

Injuries and slow progression.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he had an injury during his final year in juniors, missed the entire off-season, training camp/preseason, and was finally back to action around Jan. So he started playing in games against others that were in mid-season game shape. I would just write off the season just like Dietz the year before, so what he does next season will be telling.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Well, a few things.
His draft+1 year was... let's just say marred by many failures and saw a 50% drop in production (coincidentially, it was Dietz's big season). The whole Saskatoon squad underachieved big time, and Thrower certainly had something to do with that situation (as opposed to Dietz).

He was traded (for an underwhelming package) to the Vancouver Giants, a pretty mediocre team at that moment, and played rather well until his season got cut short.

Then he shows up at the Habs camp looking roughly like a donut (though that might have been in part explainable by the lack of any training due to the injury, and I think he didn't even skate, as he was still injured), and played the last season in Brampton, where he was... I dunno, but the stat line isn't pretty. Fun fact : he played with David Ling. Yep, that David Ling, former Hab who played a few games in the nineties and who is pretty much the definition of "Great AHL'er".

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Crisp's development path has been bumpy.....but he still has potential to be an effective NHL if things go as planned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad