Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #18

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2015 voting

1. Nikita Scherbak, RW, Everett Silvertips (75% of the vote).
2. Mike McCarron, RW/C, Oshawa Generals (72.39%).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C, Montreal Canadiens (35.77%).
4. Charles Hudon, C/LW, Hamilton Bulldogs (43.06%)
5. Noah Juulsen, D, Everett Silvertips. (53.42%)
6. Jarred Tinordi, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (62.50%)
7. Sven Andrighetto, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs (29.37%)
8. Zachary Fucale, G, Quebec Remparts. (41.94%)
9. Martin Reway, LW, HC Sparta Praha (41.78%)
10. Artturi Lehkonen, LW, Frolunda (34.01%)
11. Lukas Vejdemo, C, Djurgardens (34.53%)
12. Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (32.46%)
13. Brett Lernout, D, Swift Current Broncos. (56.76%)
14. Daniel Carr, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs. (39.80%)
15. Mike Condon, G, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.84%)
16. Magnus Nygren, D, Farjestads. (30.16%)
17. Darren Dietz, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (53.57%)

Added , Colin Sullivan, D, Miami University (NCHC).

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Voted Bozon. Thomas is going to crack our top 20 and that's too high for me.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
No he's not.

We agree to disagree then, it's your opinion. Parenteau was useless and Thomas was better last year. I see nothing much in Bozon except a shooter without much impact in the play. Thomas was more like a poor's man Gallagher.

No love for Christian Thomas... the one who played 18 NHL games last year...

I expect him to play a lot more games next year. I think we will be surprised by him.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He could play like he did last year. He's an upgrade on Parenteau.

He's quicker then PAP for sure, and while I thought PAP was done after the concussion, I don't think Thomas would reach PAP's level of production if put in the same role as PAP was.

Parenteau was useless and Thomas was better last year. I see nothing much in Bozon except a shooter without much impact in the play. Thomas was more like a poor's man Gallagher.

Agree that PAP was useless but Thomas wasn't that much better. No way was he a poor mans Gallagher, since 1 point in 18 games is just terrible production. That puts him at 4.5 points pro rated over 82 games.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
He's quicker then PAP for sure, and while I thought PAP was done after the concussion, I don't think Thomas would reach PAP's level of production if put in the same role as PAP was.

Agree that PAP was useless but Thomas wasn't that much better. No way was he a poor mans Gallagher, since 1 point in 18 games is just terrible production. That puts him at 4.5 points pro rated over 82 games.

I meant in the playing style, small player that give it all. He will never be Gallagher's caliber tho.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If we are going strictly by production, I'm not exactly sure what supports Thomas being ahead of Dumont. And by production, I mean at the same age, including NHL.

And since production is the only thing that could justify Thomas being ahead of Dumont, and since I'm in no way arguing to vote Dumont in at this juncture anyways, I fail to see why Thomas should receive any consideration as of now.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If we are going strictly by production, I'm mot exactly sûre what supports Thomas being ahead of Dumont. And by production, I mean at the same age, including NHL.

And since production is the only thing that could justify Thomas being ahead of Dumont, and since I'm in no way arguing to vote Dumont in at this juncture anyways, I fail to see why Thomas should receive any consideration as of now.

I don't vote by production, I vote by prospect with the biggest chance to play in the NHL and have some sort of impact.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Bozon.

I have Daniel Audette close by, and ahead of Thomas.

I see Thomas' ceiling as a speed forchecking bottom six player. Audette could, although unlikely, blossom into a top six. I'll go based on ceiling.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I think it's time to vote Thomas in. He's a fringe NHLer which is more than all the remaining guys and at least he played NHL games.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think it's time to vote Thomas in. He's a fringe NHLer which is more than all the remaining guys and at least he played NHL games.

Only Dumont is actually a better player than him at the moment, and I don't see much upside for Thomas. And Dumont also played in the NHL. More games. Produced more.

I mean, if some people prefer Thomas's upside to Dumont actual game, fine. But there is also a few players remaining with higher upside than Thomas as well (Bozon is an obvious one here, Audette too), so I don't see why a reason g that works in a situation suddenly doesn't work for the other.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Only Dumont is actually a better player than him at the moment, and I don't see much upside for Thomas. And Dumont also played in the NHL. More games. Produced more.

I mean, if some people prefer Thomas's upside to Dumont actual game, fine. But there is also a few players remaining with higher upside than Thomas as well (Bozon is an obvious one here, Audette too), so I don't see why a reason g that works in a situation suddenly doesn't work for the other.

Dumont would be the next to vote in!

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Dumont would be the next to vote in!

I just don't like Bozon.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Bozon for me, and Thomas to follow. I don't think he's amazing, but he has the potential to make his spot on the list look really, really bad.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Thomas is 23 yo...
0.46 PPG in the last 2 seasons in the AHL.
Undersized.
Likely (IMO) to have pretty much reached his ceiling already.

I vote Bozon.
Development has been slowed down, but he's 2 years younger, and the upside is more present with him I feel.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Voted Bozon

I probably missed the reasoning, but why isn't Didier up there? Is it because he's on an AHL Contract?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad