Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
And this is why I'm saying if Nygren is still considered a prospect why isn't Bud Holloway?

Only one of them has a shot at cracking Montreal's roster this season

Holloway is 27. If you're too old to compete for the Calder, you're certainly too old to be considered a prospect.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Yup. No doubt. But part of being a prospect is the prospective opportunity of one day seeing the player suit up for the team. Which seems doubtful in Nygren's case right now. I think risk is one of the factors that should be considered when ranking prospects, and he seems like a pretty risky case.
I like him as a player though. He's probably ahead of Tinordi if he were committed to North America.

Imho if Nygren wasn't such a mama boy he would be in my top 5.
The guy can't handle Hamilton(wow he has never been to Detroit and been on the wrong street,Hamilton will look like Disney Land)....gets injured and floods twitter with pics of him having fun back home.....
Nygren has the skill....but no heart.
I guess it's not everyone's dream to play in the NHL

Voted Carr...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Holloway is 27. If you're too old to compete for the Calder, you're certainly too old to be considered a prospect.

Nygren will be 29 when his contract in the SHL is up

I would think a prospect is anyone who's rights we own that hasn't graduated to the NHL and has potential to make the team

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Nygren will be 29 when his contract in the SHL is up

I would think a prospect is anyone who's rights we own that hasn't graduated to the NHL and has potential to make the team

You guys are all so SOURRRR

So what.. we will never be able to see Nygren play for the Habs.. doesnt mean he is our "14th" or "15th" best prospect...

The truth is he is a top 5 prospect of ours that we will end up losing out on.. deal with it.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
Nygren really isn't getting the recognition he deserves. Clearly more talent currently than anyone else on the list.

Funny, I was surprised at how much recognition he still gets. He's an older prospect who didn't do particularly well in Hamilton and ended leaving for home twice in the middle of the season. You have to wonder if his skills really translate to the NA game, and for that matter if he really wants it to happen still. I don't consider him a legit prospect anymore.

Went Condon. He looked solid enough in his net when I saw him and his numbers the last couple of yrs are awesome.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Funny, I was surprised at how much recognition he still gets. He's an older prospect who didn't do particularly well in Hamilton and ended leaving for home twice in the middle of the season. You have to wonder if his skills really translate to the NA game, and for that matter if he really wants it to happen still. I don't consider him a legit prospect anymore.

Went Condon. He looked solid enough in his net when I saw him and his numbers the last couple of yrs are awesome.

It was a small sample size but Nygren did well in Hamilton while he was here. I don't blame the guy for leaving after his brother got beat up and mugged.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
It was a small sample size but Nygren did well in Hamilton while he was here. I don't blame the guy for leaving after his brother got beat up and mugged.

Yeah, he was going to earn a call up before Beaulieu or Tinordi then his season got shut down due to his concussion. People like to play revisionist history when it fits their argument.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
You guys are all so SOURRRR

So what.. we will never be able to see Nygren play for the Habs.. doesnt mean he is our "14th" or "15th" best prospect...

The truth is he is a top 5 prospect of ours that we will end up losing out on.. deal with it.

Top 5? lol never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad