Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #11

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With the depth at D, I doubt it. Unless we get 3-4 injuries in our D.

IMHO

Subban
Markov
Petry
Emelin
Beaulieu
Gilbert
Pateryn
Tinordi

Call-up order
Barberio
Dietz
Bennett
Ellis
Hanley
Thrower
Lernout
Sign Didier
Panic (actually, panic start at Dietz playing as 6th prob :laugh: )

well my guess would be that management would at some point move a defensemen if say Beaulieu steps up and looks to be solid on the 2nd pairing and say Pateryn plays well and even Tinordi shows some good things. If this were to happen, with us needing help at forward but being short on cap space (depending on how much Galchenyuk gets) they might be forced at some point to move one of the 8 D cause unless injuries hit it's going to be hard to get ice time for 8 D and after the top 3 of ours we have the 3 young D's that will need ice at some point as we don't want one or more out of Beaulieu/Pateryn/Tinordi sitting too much.

So if Beaulieu is looking good, then you have a bottom pairing of Emelin/Gilbert that eats up 6.9M in cap space, while leaving Pateryn/Tinordi in the press box (unless they dress 7D).

If that were to happy and we get down to 7D, a couple injuries at the NHL and AHL level and then you could see Bennett. Although I would think his chances would be better the following season if say Tinordi struggles or the next season if Markov is gone and Beaulieu moves up he might be in line for a bottom pairing or 7th d spot.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Voted Nygren

Despite the fact he will never play a game in a Habs uniform, he is better then the rest of the players available. His decision shouldn't hurt his ranking. If it does, you're just being sour.

I agree, I think he should be higher too, I've been voting for him for a few rounds now.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There's no Trunev.. we might have his rights but that guy ain't coming.

Yes, but I want him to win the trophy! We all know he's the worst prospect we have the rights to.

If we keep him out, it's a fight between Sullivan and Fournier IMO.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
lernout add koberstein

those vote make me realise that, even if we don't have blue chip prospect, we have a ****ing deep prospect pools and we can expect one or two of these guys to be a massive contributor for the habs

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I wonder where reway and nygren would have ended up if we just based our own criteria solely on the quality of the prospect. My list has both them rated higher than the consensus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad