2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#9 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Let the parity begin! :laugh:

Just a quick reminder to Bruins fans what this thread and it's origin are all about:

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skill sets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- Mathew Barzal - C - Seattle - WHL
8.- Pavel Zacha - C/LW - Sarnia - OHL
9.- ......

Pick #9 on the clock until 5pm Sunday, May 24th.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#8 - Pavel Zacha
Center/Left Wing - Shoots Left
Born: April 6th 1997
Height - 6'1 (191cm) Weight - 214 (97kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #4 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #10 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #13 by Future Considerations
Ranked #9 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #8 by NHL Central Scouting

Elite Prospects Report on Pavel Zacha

Future Considerations: The top Czech prospect for the 2015 draft…a big boy who is pretty physical for his age…he will hit you because that's what he does…goes hard to the net and is relentless on the forecheck, which can be a scary sight for the opposing defensemen…has a strong shot that is both hard and accurate… good one-timer…prefers a shot to a pass…willing, but immature game defensively…goes back to defend the crease and knows how to use the stick in the defensive zone…good on PK where he gets his frame into lanes and just clears the puck when he gets the chance…patient player with good vision, soft hands and the ability to make one-on-one dekes…strong skater with good balance, but needs to get faster. (August 2014)

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
On the same page. Can someone who voted Rantanen give me a scouting report on him. I'm limited to just his games with Finland at the WJC. I like his game but came away unimpressed with the notion of drafting him in the top-10. I see speed, hands and size but a par for the course shot, not overly physical and he seems to lose a ton of board battles.

Small sample size I know but it's all I got to go on besides what I've read elsewhere. Thanks for the insight in advance.

Sully :cheers:

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
On the same page. Can someone who voted Rantanen give me a scouting report on him. I'm limited to just his games with Finland at the WJC. I like his game but came away unimpressed with the notion of drafting him in the top-10. I see speed, hands and size but a par for the course shot, not overly physical and he seems to lose a ton of board battles.

Small sample size I know but it's all I got to go on besides what I've read elsewhere. Thanks for the insight in advance.

here you go

http://thehockeywriters.com/mikko-rantanen-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

this is outstanding- A+ appreciate your time and effort in this

Red Line had Denis Guryanov at 8

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
If Ratenen drops to the #9-11 range, should the Bruins trade up and draft him? Is he going to be a star forward at the NHL level?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Last Player Selected​

#8 - Pavel Zacha
Center/Left Wing - Shoots Left
Born: April 6th 1997
Height - 6'1 (191cm) Weight - 214 (97kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #4 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #10 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #13 by Future Considerations
Ranked #9 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #8 by NHL Central Scouting

Elite Prospects Report on Pavel Zacha

Not going to happen, but if Crouse gets taken early and Zacha started to fall, how sick would a line with Zacha-Krejci-Pasta be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad