2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#7 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry for the delay, busy work week :pullhair:

Let's start this 3 day weekend off the right way! :cheers:

Just a quick reminder to Bruins fans what this thread and it's origin are all about:

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skillsets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current Bruins 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- .....

Pick #7 on the clock until 5pm Friday, May 22nd.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#6 - Ivan Provorov
Defense - Shoots Left
Born: January 13th 1997
Height - 6'0 (183cm) Weight - 201 (91kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #7 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #7 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #8 by Future Considerations
Ranked #5 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #7 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Elite Prospects Report on Ivan Provorov

Future Considerations: A strong transitional blueliner…a smooth skater that keeps up with quicker opponents and can create some separation with a decent first step…very patient and poised with the puck…moves the puck in a way that will translate well at the next level… always makes forward progress when he is on the ice…shows good patience and purpose in his decisions…strong in the corners…hockey sense elevates the effectiveness of all his other abilities…a distributor of the puck that can head up a power play with great vision…steady and reliable at both ends. (December 2014)

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
With Barzal, I think it all depends on how much the injury affects the perception. He had a screw put in his kneecap. These days that's nothing I suppose, but it may factor in. He's also not the biggest guy. From a skill/work ethic factor, he's top notch. I'm debating him and Zacha.

IMO they're both safe picks as Barzal and Zacha could survive in the NHL as 3rd line utility player that could move up to the second line if needed. Not what you're hoping to draft at #7 but certainly adds a little to their value that they're nearly locks for the NHL.

Both also have some good similarities in their games: they're both tenacious on the puck, both not afraid to go to the dirty areas, both are solid on the forecheck. Zacha is the a better scorer and Barzal's vision & playmaking is really really good. In the end though I was just hoping for more from Zacha as both were in and out of the lineup this year. Zacha just never seemed to take that next step while Barzal just continued to excel as the year went on and through the WCs and was just flat out more dynamic and better than Zacha IMO.

Both are solid candidates for #7 though and it wouldn't surprise me to see a team take Zacha over Barzal for the bit of nasty he brings to his game and his better scoring ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad