WC: 2015 Confirmed Participations and Rumour

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Tobias Rieder has been confirmed for Germany, unless he fails the medical check up.
Dennis Seidenberg will make a decision soon.

pecheq

Aug 5, 2013
Prague, Czech Rep.
Czech Republic

Like the coach Ruzicka says: nothing is confirmed until the players will land in the Czech Republic. :)
Anyway, invited are: Voracek (Flyers), Jordan (Hurricanes), Hertl (Sharks), Hejda (Avalanche), Jagr (Panthers), Hemsky (Stars), Erat (Coyotes). After season end for the Bruins Krejci and Pastrnak are free, but there is no info yet. Krejci was injured, Pastrnak might be reassigned to Providence. :shakehead

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Aleksander Barkov (Florida), Jussi Jokinen (Florida), Rasmus Ristolainen (Buffalo) and Jyrki Jokipakka (Dallas) confirmed for Finland.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Czech Republic

Like the coach Ruzicka says: nothing is confirmed until the players will land in the Czech Republic. :)
Anyway, invited are: Voracek (Flyers), Jordan (Hurricanes), Hertl (Sharks), Hejda (Avalanche), Jagr (Panthers), Hemsky (Stars), Erat (Coyotes). After season end for the Bruins Krejci and Pastrnak are free, but there is no info yet. Krejci was injured, Pastrnak might be reassigned to Providence. :shakehead

Thank you for the Information! :handclap:

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
Czech Republic

I reckon it will take a lot to get Czechs and Slovaks to turn down invites this year what with them playing at (or close to) home.

Jagr will be especially keen on leaving the national side on a high note.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
Confirmed:

Justin Faulk - Carolina Hurricanes
Mike Reilly - University of Minnesota (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Steve Moses - Jokerit Helsinki (Nashville Predators)
Dylan Larkin - University of Michigan (Detroit Red Wings)
Jimmy Vesey - Harvard (Nashville Predators)
Matt Hendricks - Edmonton Oilers

You know American players don't give a damn about the WHC when the roster has to be filled in with college kids and Euro leaguers.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
gonna be mad if players like Pastrnak or Draisaitl have to play ****ing minor hockey instead of games that at least have some sort of meaning

zamo86*

Anze Kopitar: "I cant say no to my father [current Slovenia head coach]". So there is that.. :laugh:

PS: official announcement will be made tomorrow at 09:00 CET.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I saw the invite, is he confirmed? That would be cool to see, but a bit of a risk for him.

Risk, I hate when people say that. There's a risk any Hockey game you play, whether it's NCAA, CHL, AHL, or NHL.

Play the game, don't worry about it.

Pessimism doesn't get anyone anywhere in this World.

Worst thing that happens, he blocks a shot, out for a month. Will he not heal? lol

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Risk, I hate when people say that. There's a risk any Hockey game you play, whether it's NCAA, CHL, AHL, or NHL.

Play the game, don't worry about it.

Pessimism doesn't get anyone anywhere in this World.

Worst thing that happens, he blocks a shot, out for a month. Will he not heal? lol

Easy to say when it's not your millions that are involved. :)

I would think that USA Hockey might have some insurance but not for the value of his entire career.

Sure, it's a really small risk but the stakes are huge.

the 2015 iihf worlds facebook page says eichel accepted his invite.

Great to hear.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Players officially confirmed for Canada:

Goaltenders: Jones, Smith
Defensemen: Barrie, Burns, Ekblad, Muzzin, D.Savard
Forwards: Duchene, Eakin, Eberle, Ennis, Giroux, Hall, MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, O'Reilly, Seguin, Spezza, Toffoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad