2015 ASG | So We Should Send Maatta, Right?

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
So voting for the 2015 All-Star Game started today and I immediately thought of the two Penguins most deserving of going: Sidney Crosby because he's Sidney Crosby and Olli Maatta. He's arguably been our best defenseman this season and the dude just had to take a two week vacation in order to ****ing destroy cancer. He's currently #23 (not sure whether that's among defensemen or everyone) but let's see if we can shoot him up to #1. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

My ballot was Crosby, Malkin, Hornqvist, Maatta, Letang, Fleury. I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

Vote Now! https://allstarvote.nhl.com/

Last edited:

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
I think Maatta deserves the recognition. For Sid and Geno this is kind of old, but it would be a big deal for Maatta. I think he deserves it, it should give him a little boost. Then again, I'm sure he will get a pretty big boost next summer when GMJR pulls up if front of his house, with an armored truck full of long term contract love. :nod:

Giggity.

Last edited:

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
So voting for the 2015 All-Star Game started today and I immediately thought of the two Penguins most deserving of going: Sidney Crosby because he's Sidney Crosby and Olli Maatta. He's arguably been our best defenseman this season and the dude just had to take a two week vacation in order to ****ing destroy cancer. He's currently #23 (not sure whether that's among defensemen or everyone) but let's see if we can shoot him up to #1. TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

My ballot was Crosby, Malkin, Hornqvist, Maatta, Letang, Fleury. I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

Vote Now! https://allstarvote.nhl.com/en-us/Ballot#team-PIT

10317766_303228123211324_3647069116819512375_o.jpg

First off, lmao at his ranking.

10557687_303228126544657_7320112061236866228_o.jpg

My actual ballot

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think Maatta deserves the recognition. For Sid and Geno this is kind of old, but it would be a be deal for Maatta. I think he deserves it, it should give him a little boost. Then again, I'm sure he will get a pretty big boost next summer when GMJR pulls up if front of his house, with an armored truck full of long term contract love. :nod:

Giggity.

Sid has played in 1 All-Star Game.

Just think about that...yeesh.

Anyway, I included Olli in my ballot. Like or dislike the game itself, you have to admit that'd be a nice experience for the kid...and the Skills Competition is awesome. With no Olympics and the All Star Game all the way in Columbus this year, I'm not too worried about giving our guys a rest...especially when our franchise forwards keep playing 16 minutes a night.

terex

Jan 2, 2010
Sid has played in 1 All-Star Game.

Just think about that...yeesh.

Ehhh... No All Star games in 2006, 2010, 2014 due to the Olympics. No All Star game in 2013 due to the lockout. Not really that surprising. He's really only missed three (2 for the concussions, 1 for the high ankle), plus one questionable one in 2009.

I remember he was "injured", but still went to the festivities because the league had a fit when Lidstrom and Datsyuk refused to travel/participate and suspended them for a game.

Ahh, found an article on it. Apparently, he had a knee injury and took a couple pucks to the arm. He played the 2 games prior to the All Star break, and he scored 4 points in the first game after the break.

Knowing how superstitious the guy is, I wouldn't be surprised if he did something similar this year. Skipped All Star game = Cup.

Michael8771*

At least it's a close Jaunt over to Ohio. Travel won't be an issue. Shouldn't take much out of them.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I can't seem to vote, have been getting erorr messages over and over. :( Good luck to the Pens guys. Hope we get 3 in. :D

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The all-star game is so cringe-worthy that I don't care if any of our players get in. I liked it when I was 11, but as an older man, I don't care anymore. Seems like a way for our players to hurt themselves in meaningless games.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'd rather send nobody and let them rest.

I can understand this reasoning given the objective and past playoffs but OTOH it's hard to get worn down at an all-star game. Pretty much a cupcake event for the most part. Do some flippty-doo moves on the shoot out, get 8 minutes of ice, you're done. I'd only worry if Holy Olli was going to be in the fastest skater contest, which I doubt. Also keep Geno out of the hardest slapshot contest. Just let him dance flanked by carboard cutouts of Putin. :thumbu:

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I can understand this reasoning given the objective and past playoffs but OTOH it's hard to get worn down at an all-star game. Pretty much a cupcake event for the most part. Do some flippty-doo moves on the shoot out, get 8 minutes of ice, you're done. I'd only worry if Holy Olli was going to be in the fastest skater contest, which I doubt. Also keep Geno out of the hardest slapshot contest. Just let him dance flanked by carboard cutouts of Putin. :thumbu:

Our luck, one of our players would end their career in it though. They'd trip over OV's cowboy hat or something stupid.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
With our luck the players going would probably get hurt!!

All jokes aside besides Crosby and Malkin, Maatta and Fleury deserve some votes!!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I still don't know why they don't make this thing huge by playing it as their only outdoor game of the season.

While also having an alumni and young stars game with it. All outdoors.
The regular season outdoor game gimmick is dead. It's terrible hockey. Keep them indoors.
The ASG was always terrible hockey, so put it outdoors and make it less boring.

Klifton

May 30, 2014
Wahoo, Nebraska
I still don't know why they don't make this thing huge by playing it as their only outdoor game of the season.

While also having an alumni and young stars game with it. All outdoors.
The regular season outdoor game gimmick is dead. It's terrible hockey. Keep them indoors.
The ASG was always terrible hockey, so put it outdoors and make it less boring.

Forget playing outdoors, if they really want to make the all-star game more meaningful, they should take a page out of the MLB book. The winning side secures home ice for their conference champ in the SCF.

Also, wow, I didn't realize Sid had only played in 1 ASG. Well, he is in this year, and being recognized for being awesome is certainly old hat for him by now.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Forget playing outdoors, if they really want to make the all-star game more meaningful, they should take a page out of the MLB book. The winning side secures home ice for their conference champ in the SCF.

Also, wow, I didn't realize Sid had only played in 1 ASG. Well, he is in this year, and being recognized for being awesome is certainly old hat for him by now.

That's one of the dumbest thing in all of sports to have a meaningless all-star game determine home field advantage for the World Series. I never want the NHL to even entertain an absurd idea like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad