Prospect Info: 2015 Annual Prospect Poll #1

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Gibson biggest problem is injuries if he didn't have those I would trust him more than Andersen.... even after the season he just had.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gibson now but only because he is somewhat ''proved''.

Then Theo, then Ritchie. Next one probably Manson because he is also already ''seasoned''

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
i voted for theo, he had the best year of all our prospects and i see big things for him in the AHL next year

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Gibson biggest problem is injuries if he didn't have those I would trust him more than Andersen.... even after the season he just had.

I wonder what Gibson have done to earn this trust? Yeah he was superb in wjc, but I'm sure u can't just count on that. Or it's because you think Andersen is so bad/medicore in your opinion that totally unproven Gibson deserves more trust just base on Andersen's bad performance? Or is it just a hunch that Gibson will be for sure next Hasek or Price?

Sure new barely touched toyes often look more shiny than "old" ones.

mytduxfan*

1. Gibson
2. Theodore
3. Ritchie

IMO
Going by the players I think that they will become, not organizational need.

Agree, but, for me, Ritchie is above Theodore. Having said that, I've seen a lot more of Ritchie then I have Theodore.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Gibson has the highest ceiling that is probable to be reached, so I'm goin with him.

Ritchie has the highest ceiling overall, but the likieness he reaches that is highly questionable.

I can't really agree with that. I mean, you could argue Ritchie has a ceiling that really unique, but even then, I don't see it as being anything ridiculously high. Meanwhile, Gibson kind of does have that ceiling. I think a lot of Ducks fans don't fully realize what a special prospect Gibson really is.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I can't really agree with that. I mean, you could argue Ritchie has a ceiling that really unique, but even then, I don't see it as being anything ridiculously high. Meanwhile, Gibson kind of does have that ceiling. I think a lot of Ducks fans don't fully realize what a special prospect Gibson really is.
Agree on Ritchie

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Ritchie if he pans out to be the best possible would be similar to Jamie Benn

Theodore would be a better defensive less dynamic offensive Karlsson

but I doubt either maximize that much.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

The Kings were in a similar situation. Bernier (I think it's Bernier) was supposed to be this next, best, awesome netminder. Then some guy named Quick just never relinquished the NHL position. I'm not saying Andersen is like Quick, but it's eerily similar.

I was all on the Gibson bandwagon, but Andersen began to grow on me. I love Gibson, but what if Andersen is better. The series vs the Hawks, tho...

As for Ritchie, he's got that top level talent, but it isn't consistent. That's why he dropped. Getzlaf dropped due to motor/consistency issues. Can you imagine saying
"I mean, you could argue Getzlaf has a ceiling that really unique, but even then, I don't see it as being anything ridiculously high." back then when Getzlaf was drafted?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Kings were in a similar situation. Bernier (I think it's Bernier) was supposed to be this next, best, awesome netminder. Then some guy named Quick just never relinquished the NHL position. I'm not saying Andersen is like Quick, but it's eerily similar.

I was all on the Gibson bandwagon, but Andersen began to grow on me. I love Gibson, but what if Andersen is better. The series vs the Hawks, tho...

As for Ritchie, he's got that top level talent, but it isn't consistent. That's why he dropped. Getzlaf dropped due to motor/consistency issues. Can you imagine saying
"I mean, you could argue Getzlaf has a ceiling that really unique, but even then, I don't see it as being anything ridiculously high." back then when Getzlaf was drafted?

I didn't mean anything in comparison to Andersen, I'm just talking about Gibson by himself. I'm not even saying Gibson can't be dealt or anything, but I think as a prospect he's very special. Maybe the best prospect this organization's seen since Paul Kariya. I definitely feel some guys don't fully appreciate just how much potential he has. That's not to take anything away from Theodore or Ritchie, and I don't base that on anything said in this thread, just an observation.

As for Getzlaf, even with the motor issues, I would have never pegged him to have this kind of ceiling. So, that goes to show you that ceilings aren't really ceilings.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't think anybody thinks Gibson is a sure thing.

I don't think goaltenders ever are.

Throw in some injury concerns, and it just adds more doubt.

Right now, I like Theodore the best. His stock just keeps going up, and the two-way ability he's starting to show is impressive.

Ritchie, I think, could become an absolute beast of a player, but I think he's less likely than Theodore to become a very good NHL player.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad