Pre-Game Talk: 2015 All Star Game (The Ryan & Hoffman show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Barring Hoffman getting nervous and choking he should go 4/4 in target shooting and be fastest skater.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If Hoffman got picked for the rookies why didn't Stone who has had just as good a season so far as Hoffman? Why pick one over the other if they have been equally good? Oh, because one is flashier & has more highlight reel goals. I guess the fact that Stone is one of the league leaders in take-away doesn't matter much or that he can play on any line & immediately make that line better. He should be there as well. :shakehead

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
If Hoffman got picked for the rookies why didn't Stone who has had just as good a season so far as Hoffman? Why pick one over the other if they have been equally good? Oh, because one is flashier & has more highlight reel goals. I guess the fact that Stone is one of the league leaders in take-away doesn't matter much or that he can play on any line & immediately make that line better. He should be there as well. :shakehead

I agree. I dont know how someone in their right mind they could skip stone. For example take the first 4 in rookie scoring skip one and then take the next 4. Just idiotic. Arguments can be made for Stone going over Hoffman because Hoffman is basically only a rookie by one game.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

I'm not disagreeing your point, but guessing it's his team leading goal scoring that got Hoffman the gig, and with 30 teams, you just can't have every good rookie there.

It's like, why isn't Karlsson & Soupcan there either!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Those jerseys are nasty.

Yes.

efC4GEj.jpg

Yes they are.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Those jerseys are nasty.

I agree, and I still don't understand why the 2012 Ottawa All-Star game didn't have Ottawa colours, instead we got left over jerseys from the year before.

Sure the White ones had red stripes, but why the BLUE opposing jersey, why not Red??????

And the NHL wonders why the All-Star game isn't a smashing success anywhere outside the City that's hosting it.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I agree, and I still don't understand why the 2012 Ottawa All-Star game didn't have Ottawa colours, instead we got left over jerseys from the year before.

Sure the White ones had red stripes, but why the BLUE opposing jersey, why not Red??????

And the NHL wonders why the All-Star game isn't a smashing success anywhere outside the City that's hosting it.

Dont see any blue for Columbus, I really dont think they care about the city and colour.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Dont see any blue for Columbus, I really dont think they care about the city and colour.

Great artist.

Worst jerseys I think I have ever seen in my life. I am fairly certain at this point that the NHL requested the jersey designers come up with the ugliest design they could think of.

The jerseys have every design faux-pas I can think of
  • Vinyl stamped skeumorphic logos
  • gradients
  • "neon" colour - green
  • Bold shoulder all-st★r shoulder stamps with the ★ replacing the A

Definitely designed for kids. I'm quickly growing tired of Reebok/Adidas attempts to cost-cut. The vinyl stamp crests should have been banned by the NHL after the first failed attempt.

/edit/ I just noticed they even put ALL-ST★R on the inner neckline :laugh::shakehead Sad sad attempt to sell these jerseys to children is all I can imagine.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The jerseys are fine. They are one of the nicest jerseys that i have ev.....................ya i can't finish this sentence without laughing. Those jerseys are horrible. :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not disagreeing your point, but guessing it's his team leading goal scoring that got Hoffman the gig, and with 30 teams, you just can't have every good rookie there.

While you are probably right I still don't like that answer. It makes goal scoring more important than assists when they should be considered equally important. Stone has the same amount of pts as Hoffman & both should be going especially when the next four guys on the leaderboard are going. I think Subban should be there but not Karlsson, he has had a dreadful season & is only now playing better with the return of Methot. That should cause some controversy here, time to go. :laugh:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Who is "Soupcan"?
Are you referring to Brian Campbell in Florida? Dude's had a down year, no way does he deserve to be at the ASG this year.

*edit*
Oh wait, you meant Subban. OK.

Its kinda silly that neither guy is there. The all star game is garbage, but they could at least try to fill it with the most skilled guys in the league. At least then the pondish non-hockey might have a couple of exciting plays.

Oh well. **** the all star game. I'd rather watch some disney crap with the girlfriend then that nonsense.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The jerseys are fine. They are one of the nicest jerseys that i have ev.....................ya i can't finish this sentence without laughing. Those jerseys are horrible. :laugh:

You gotta wonder, who was the designer who stepped back from his/her work and said "yes, these will look great and sell like hot cakes."

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't get it. how can such a horrible jersey design can make it to the selling stage it had to go through numerous steps to get finalized. Why couldn't someone just realize (or speak up).

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
While you are probably right I still don't like that answer. It makes goal scoring more important than assists when they should be considered equally important. Stone has the same amount of pts as Hoffman & both should be going especially when the next four guys on the leaderboard are going. I think Subban should be there but not Karlsson, he has had a dreadful season & is only now playing better with the return of Methot. That should cause some controversy here, time to go. :laugh:

It's pretty simple IMO. The ASG is all about entertainment, and having a flashy goal scorer that produces many dangles will be more entertaining than a guy who is good at take aways.

Might not be "right" or fair, but that's the way entertainment goes.

I don't get it. how can such a horrible jersey design can make it to the selling stage it had to go through numerous steps to get finalized. Why couldn't someone just realize (or speak up).

Exactly. The NHL should fire their whole marketing department. I feel like it's a bunch of 50+ guys thinking "hey what's hip and cool these days? I know! Chrome logos!"

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Considering Methot and Karlsson were on a plane to Cancun this morning, I doubt Karlsson wanted to go and probably asked for the time off.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Considering Methot and Karlsson were on a plane to Cancun this morning, I doubt Karlsson wanted to go and probably asked for the time off.

Karlsson and Methot working on their off ice chemistry in Cancun???? Karlsson never stops trying to make this team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad