Post-Game Talk: 2015-2016 Washington Capitals @ 2009-2010 Washington Capitals 8:07PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Feb 19, 2004
Virginia
Regular season game, 2009-2010 Caps built for regular season, they have the edge right? That's how this works?

It'll be interesting to see if Trotz is willing to let the guys run and gun a bit, or just focus on taking the 2009-2010 Caps out of their game. The latter seems smarter, the first seems like more fun on Saturday night of a long weekend.

Just win!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Our best passer passed the concussion test after the game our captain passed Beliveau in goals, which gives us a better chance to pass Dallas in goals.

[That's not very good, I know]

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
We all know how to beat the 09-10 Caps: Hot goalie! Go Holtby!

EDIT: Oh man, the Stars' GDT title. :laugh:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Capitals lead the NHL in goal scoring, goal differential (plus-57) and on the power play (24.2 percent). They aren’t solid on the other side of the puck. They rank fifth in goals against (2.26), third in team save percentage (.922), and their penalty kill is fourth (83.9 percent).

“They know they can score, but I think they want to believe they can lock it down when the game is right there in their hands,” said Stars coach Lindy Ruff. “They’ve got all the components. They’ve got the speed; they’ve got the skill. I like the defense they’ve got. Their all-around game has been good. [Goaltender Branen] Holtby has been excellent.

What a load of BS by the Stars beat writer. The Caps are 2nd in goals against per game. Yet we're not solid defensively :laugh:

Coming from the Stars beat writer, I find it quite ironic. Also, Branen Holtby.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
We all know how to beat the 09-10 Caps: Hot goalie! Go Holtby!

EDIT: Oh man, the Stars' GDT title. :laugh:

That GDT thread title is hilarious. Points.

7791d1216050760-animated-gif-thread-56k-warning-funnygif5.gif

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
^ I think he was being sarcastic there - playing on the fact that while we have solid defensive numbers, they aren't as dominant as our offensive.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Dallas has been our kyptonite recently but I feel like they played a great game a few months ago and lost on a bad turnover.

Going to say this game will be evenly played but Holtby is much better than Niemi/Lehtonen. 4-2 Caps.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
^ I think he was being sarcastic there - playing on the fact that while we have solid defensive numbers, they aren't as dominant as our offensive.

Oh ok. People should stop using sarcasm on the Web, it really doesn't work well. But Branen Holtby though :laugh:

Honestly, I don't think it was that sophisticated. Looks like a typo to me.

Blessed are the copy editors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad