2015-2016 Roster Talk: East Coast Thinks We Suck Edition(MOD WARNING) post# 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

scryan

May 1, 2013
I don't know what you're talking about :P

You ruined my post before I could post it...

in the 2014-15 thread said:
I think with Pearson's leg injury and Voynov being suspended we are really struggling. Hopefully we can make that push and make up the points needed to get back into a playoff position. Then anything is possible, we did it before right.

Still hoping we can get Jdubs signed. Lord knows just re-signing Stoll wont be enough, even though he is a strong moral leader of the team, Hopefully he wont need more then 3 mill. Hopefully we can get our vets back into shape. Its been rough losing Mitchell this year, but I think Richards is just about to bounce back.

Can't believe the flames are doing so good.
:(

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You ruined my post before I could post it...

:(

:laugh:

also, interesting read:

At least makes reference to the Kopi being captain stuff which I find really interesting. As well as "All attention at the moment is focused on creating some space in the bottom-6 for prospect Michael Mersch, adding a key piece on the blueline, and trying to secure a third championship." Which comes as a 'duh' I know, but helps reinforce what we all think about bottom sixer on the go and a D trade at some point.

Oh...and "Understand, the Kings are not in cap trouble this season, nor will they be at any point. The financial situation is so positive, in February they will be able to take on any contract in the NHL."

:popcorn:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
So Andy Mac played a game a while ago... back in the minors.... PHI needs a LW... think a Brown for Andy Mac could get done?

To even out the couple years of difference in contracts both teams could retain say 2M... then when Andy's is over Philly gets a discount on Brown effectively.

I know, Dion might be the better option right? Sad days... :laugh:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
That's actually a pretty decent article from Hoven. Lebrun's quality is a given.

cali101

Nov 23, 2014
All attention at the moment is focused on creating some space in the bottom-6 for prospect Michael Mersch, adding a key piece on the blueline, and trying to secure a third championship.

okay so they already made up their minds about mersch. likely that was a done deal before they even brought him up based on how much he's played, on what lines, pp time, etc

that means weal will prob be traded, maybe in a package. but with who? the mayor doesnt seem to think brown is going anywhere because his $$$ contract. sutter won't trade lewis. not shore coz sutter loves him. not king. could it be andreoff? clifford? nolan? anyone else?

makes sense to make kopi captain.

Ron*

Hate to break it to all of you but Brown isn't going anywhere. And sure as **** they aren't going to give Kopitar the C while Brown is still here.

Did you guys even read the article? On one hand he says he's going to be attractive to an expansion team in 2017 (first of all, I think that's wishful thinking and second, expansion is not a given in 2017 or even after that).

He's not getting moved in the summer of 2016, so how do you take a C away from Brown and give it to Kopitar? This ain't San Jose guys.

It's his OPINION. Thank God he made that clear, Having said that, he earns a non-post pic of the Crossing Guard. Bravo.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
So Andy Mac played a game a while ago... back in the minors.... PHI needs a LW... think a Brown for Andy Mac could get done?

To even out the couple years of difference in contracts both teams could retain say 2M... then when Andy's is over Philly gets a discount on Brown effectively.

No. He's not remotely close to a fit.

Hexy would not take on that contract, or salary , has said he won't trade for a player that doesn't fit the mold of what he wants to get younger and faster and the FLyers are shopping for a a 1st line elite, young LW, Brown isn't any of that. They have plenty of 3rd line gritty grinders, no more required.

He's too old, doesn't fit what they need and if Hexy is going to eat part of a cap hit, it would be to unload Vinnie L and he turned down Nashville last year who wanted the Flyers to eat 1.75 to bring it under 3M and he said then he would not retain salary. And that would have ended in 2018.

Dustin Brown is going to almost impossible to move , not with his continued lack of produciton at that cap hit and salary.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I would rather have Brown to be honest

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Man you guys are depressing... I'm just not giving up hope that Brown can be moved!!! :laugh:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am hoping when others get healthy, Weal/Mersch/Forbort are sent down. None of these guys are NHL caliber ready at this point in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad