2015/2016 - One Surprise, One Disappointment

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The AHL numbers are weak; which is why Rendulic would have to take a big step this year and show that he can translate his skill to the small ice, but that's possible. Whereas I just haven't seen the talent in Everbeast to take a big step in his production like Rendulic might.

TBH even Martinsen may have more offensive upside than EVB because of his hands around net and superior shot.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't really bring it up to ding Rendulic. Its tough for rookies to score in that league and its not like he had a ton of time, I was surprised it was that few games when looking it up. Dean didn't exactly use him like a top 6er either but he did bring out Borna's physical side so I can't entirely complain. I bring it up to more say Everberg produced fairly quickly in the AHL so I just don't think the book is out on his offense, not that I think his skill is comparable to Rendulic but 5 goals in 12 games is a lot for the AHL no matter who you are.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
NHL Surprise: Grigorenko pots 20g/30a
Prospect Surprise: Nantel finished top 5 in Q scoring.

NHL disappointment: Soderberg. Scores between 38-43 points and delivers his regular average defensive ability.
Prospect disappointment: Kyle Wood. Has a fair season but takes a step back in points.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
NHL Surprise: Grigorenko pots 20g/30a
Prospect Surprise: Nantel finished top 5 in Q scoring.

NHL disappointment: Soderberg. Scores between 38-43 points and delivers his regular average defensive ability.
Prospect disappointment: Kyle Wood. Has a fair season but takes a step back in points.

Hmmmm.. I'll be extremely shocked if this is the case. I think if he ends up as the 3C sometime during the season and MacKinnon re-takes his position at centre then it's plausible, but if he plays the entire season as the 1C between Landeskog and MacKinnon I think he very easily will break 50 points

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Hmmmm.. I'll be extremely shocked if this is the case. I think if he ends up as the 3C sometime during the season and MacKinnon re-takes his position at centre then it's plausible, but if he plays the entire season as the 1C between Landeskog and MacKinnon I think he very easily will break 50 points

based on how he has grigs as his surprise, scoring 20+30, i'd assume it's grigorenko who steals his spot.

and if that landy-yeti-mack line stays healthy, soderberg should be lock for at least 45 points and likely 50.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Surprise: Varlamov. I mean we have ourselves a nearly elite goalie (if he had more playoff success under his name.) He's gonna deliver once again but with a bigger help from the defense that's for sure. So where's the surprise there, we all know the facts. The surprise I hope we'll see is that no matter how stacked the toughest division is, we know that our goalie is up for the task to be one of the main players to get us in the playoffs.

Disappointment: Injuries. I am a little bit of naive and I expect many of our core players be as good as they can be, and our prospect develop steadily and filling out their shoes more or less. The unexpected things that crush the dreams of players having good seasons or breakout seasons are the injuries.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bumping this thread before the season even starts. Rendulic made the team out of camp, so that's a surprise already. I think Roy loves the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad