Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Thank you for posting this.
There's a big hole on RW that needs to be filled. Sather knows it won't get filled via draft picks.

Get a roster player for Talbot, and lose a roster player to fit that new roster player under the cap.

You want a roster player back for Talbot? Package Hagelin or Klein with him. Only way it will work moneywise.

Maybe Slats can hold out for two seconds in the '15 draft, and pair them up to get into the first round, or hold them to restock the pool if he likes a RWer in the 2nd round (*cough* Bracco *cough*)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers have $59.5M committed for 15 players.

That includes the raises for Staal and Zuccarello.

Steal went from under $4M to $5.7M. Zuccarello went from $3.5M to $4.5M. $2.7M added. The cap increase is $2.4M.

Stepan will double his cap hit.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
2 2nds could help restock the cupboard but slats won't so that he wants to win now then never again

2 Seconds provides zero help this year, next year, and probably the year after that.

for a team that can't score or even create solid scoring chances in the playoffs for the most part to even consider 2nds in this years draft is incompetence at best.

with an asset like cambot and more than a few teams drooling, you have to turn him into a roster player. period.

slats will be patient as he holds the cards. time is on his side. teams desire a young #1 net minder. they just aren't out there like cam is and a team like edmonton has the assets to make this deal happen. his performance was noted by the entire league. he auditioned and he hit it out of the park. good for him and for us. cams time is now and slats needs to cash. now.

slats can parlay all this mojo into a player to help us NEXT SEASON. not draft picks in the 2nd round.

theres a scoring winger who can manage top 6 minutes and pp time out there. go get him.

no marincin please. just no marincin.

Absolutely.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Isn't Glass' caphit 1.45m per season?

Multiplied by 2 for the 2 years remaining to match the salary addition.

But you are correct.

Glass, on 7/2 will be paid $1.45m for 15/16 with a $1.45m cap hit. For 16/17, he will be paid $1m for a $1.45m cap hit.

Ipso facto

Get paid $2.45m
Cap hit $2.9m
(over two years time)

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
There is a possibility that, ya know, Edmonton doesn't want to trade Yakupov.

I mean sure we can hope but it's tough to lambast Sather if he can't turn Talbot into Yak.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys, said it back a while ago that the cap was going to be between $71-72M. Folks here kept on bemoaning the possibility of a $68M cap... repeatedly... not enough money... not enough money... was the reasoning.

Here we are at a 71.4 Cap.

Here's a little tidbit when it comes to sports finance.. which itself is unique in a capped league than most other businesses... if the league doesn't suffer a net loss... and it hasn't for a while.. you can expect the cap to go up or stay relatively stable. True the loonie accounts for 30% of the leagues revenue... The Canadian teams are profitable... and they aren't suffering a loss. If the currency value goes down, they can jack the price up to compensate and still sell out.

It's Canada, they love the game of hockey.

Now the cap is tied to hockey related revenue... and that monster TV deal (in Canada) just kicked in. You will have a $500M expansion fee... another $100M (with virtually no player salary expense) from the World Cup of Hockey.

The cap is going up.

If the loonie rockets back up (unlikely but it won't crash.. Canada is Greece), than the cap will be in a great spot the following year.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
The US needs to just invade Canada already and occupy them permanently. Their stupid inferior currency is ruining everything.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
for a team that can't score or even create solid scoring chances in the playoffs for the most part to even consider 2nds in this years draft is incompetence at best.

with an asset like cambot and more than a few teams drooling, you have to turn him into a roster player. period.

slats will be patient as he holds the cards. time is on his side. teams desire a young #1 net minder. they just aren't out there like cam is and a team like edmonton has the assets to make this deal happen. his performance was noted by the entire league. he auditioned and he hit it out of the park. good for him and for us. cams time is now and slats needs to cash. now.

slats can parlay all this mojo into a player to help us NEXT SEASON. not draft picks in the 2nd round.

theres a scoring winger who can manage top 6 minutes and pp time out there. go get him.

no marincin please. just no marincin.

Wholeheartedly agree. Why do we want Maracin if they don't?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYP_Brooksie: #NYR at $59.525 without RFA's Stepan, Hagelin, Miller, Fast; UFA's St. Louis, Hunwick, Sheppard.”

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
“@NYP_Brooksie: #NYR at $59.525 without RFA's Stepan, Hagelin, Miller, Fast; UFA's St. Louis, Hunwick, Sheppard.â€

Resign Stepan Miller and fast. Trade hags for futures.
Stlouis retires
Hunwick goes somewhere he can break into the top 6
Sheppard never wanted to be here

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Arizona is ~$18m from the cap floor.

Glass gets a signing bonus on July 1. Trade him on July 2. He's due to be paid $2.45m over the next two years (after the bonus on 7/1) while providing a cap hit of $2.9m

Get it done, Slats :nod:

I would hope so. I think its actually $2M in real dollars post 7/2.

He gets a $450k bonus.

And then his actual salary is $1M and $1M.

Rangers basically pay $2.25 for 1 year of Glass. While Floor team gets $450k of phantom space for two seasons.

Said it a while back also, but Joe Vitale is the guy that would be coming back. $1.1M hit. Some sites say his salary is an escalator, other's say it's dead even.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm so glad people are providing Larry's tweets.

He blocked me. :(

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
If two seconds is the low return for Talbot, Rangers are in great shape. The other team would receive a question mark that is going to be a free agent at the end of the next year. If he plays well, they'll have to pay him. If he doesn't they just wasted picks and talent.

I'll take the two seconds and be able to fill back up goalie with lesser cap hit.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
“@NYP_Brooksie: #NYR at $59.525 without RFA's Stepan, Hagelin, Miller, Fast; UFA's St. Louis, Hunwick, Sheppard.â€

I fail to see why some panic. Stepan 6, Hagelin 3.5, low ball Miller, Fast, use Lindberg , Bourque for cheap. Save on Talbot traded and sign a cheaper backup.

That fits

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I would hope so. I think its actually $2M in real dollars post 7/2.

He gets a $450k bonus.

And then his actual salary is $1M and $1M.

Rangers basically pay $2.25 for 1 year of Glass. While Floor team gets $450k of phantom space for two seasons.

Said it a while back also, but Joe Vitale is the guy that would be coming back. $1.1M hit. Some sites say his salary is an escalator, other's say it's dead even.

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1377

Has his NHL salaries as $1.9m, $1.45m, $1m. Makes sense in terms of the $1.45m cap hit.

I'm so glad people are providing Larry's tweets.

He blocked me. :(

Brooksie blocked me too back when I was blogging :laugh: I pointed out that he was using non RFA contracts as a comparison for what Dubinsky was going to get as an RFA. He DM'd me that I lacked reading comprehension, said 'blocked' and 'bye'

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad