Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Graovac.

Add Zack Mitchell and Adam Gilmour.

Fair or not, Olofsson's lost year sets him back quite a bit in my rankings.
Agreed on Olofsson.

A project defenseman with lots of potential, but an entire lost year for a project is a major setback IMO.

We saw what injuries did to another promising D-man in Cuma.

Voted Graovac myself as well, not even sure if I'm ready to vote Olofsson at #5 due to that lost year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Agreed on Olofsson.

A project defenseman with lots of potential, but an entire lost year for a project is a major setback IMO.

We saw what injuries did to another promising D-man in Cuma.

Voted Graovac myself as well, not even sure if I'm ready to vote Olofsson at #5 due to that lost year.

And it's not even that I think the injury sets him back as a player; but it's just an entire year of evidence as to what kind of player he is that isn't there. Even if he could've played 20-30 games before his injury, if he looked good in those games against AHL competition, it would be a lot easier to keep him up higher.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
And it's not even that I think the injury sets him back as a player; but it's just an entire year of evidence as to what kind of player he is that isn't there. Even if he could've played 20-30 games before his injury, if he looked good in those games against AHL competition, it would be a lot easier to keep him up higher.

I added that as another factor on top of his being considered a project. He was solid but unimpressive in College, which concerned the Wild enough to push him into their own control, then he got injured and thus zero progress could be made at all. Likely if anything he'll have a lot of rust in his game and will need time to get back to where he was at first before he can reach the point of progressing again.

It setback his timeline for sure if not his ceiling (which shouldn't be affected) is what I'm getting at.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
No one else is still high on Lucia?

I think we're already in the realm of project prospects, and I think he still has a real shot of being top-6.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I think we're already in the realm of project prospects, and I think he still has a real shot of being top-6.

He's sort of "meh" for me. Not fast, doesn't use his size particularly well (from what I've seen of his games), and was inconsistent even as junior for Notre Dame. He can score goals in college, and that's about the only thing I can say in his favor. For his sake, that better carry over to the AHL.

I don't know, his skill-set screams career AHLer/Europe-bound-player to me. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Went with Olofsson this time because I think his ceiling is higher than Graovac, but I can understand why a lost year of development drops him for a lot of people. I think he's young enough, still, to be alright if he stays healthy from now on.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Lucia will be moved up the list vs yrs past... he's barely made the top 10 in the past, I'm guessing he's easily within the top ten now.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I voted Greenway. Despite his flaws, his upside is huge. And he probably is alot riskier than Graovac (proven AHL performance, older and closer to NHL, less of a mystery box), Greenway's upside is very intriguing. 6-5 230lbs power winger who can skate, has the hands to play in a top six role, and likes to show his physical presence is very exciting.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I voted Greenway. Despite his flaws, his upside is huge. And he probably is alot riskier than Graovac (proven AHL performance, older and closer to NHL, less of a mystery box), Greenway's upside is very intriguing. 6-5 230lbs power winger who can skate, has the hands to play in a top six role, and likes to show his physical presence is very exciting.
His ceiling may be higher, but his floor is also lower than many.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm interested to see if Kaprizov cracks the top 10. Quite a few people were saying how big of an upside he's got. Although he is a pretty big unknown right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad